Running long distances in the KAYANO 23 puts your feet on autopilot. This men's running shoe has racked up more than 20 years of success on the road, helping overpronators stay stable and comfortable over long distances. And the last mile is just as comfortable as the first thanks to superb FlyteFoam cushioning and a fibre-reinforced midsole that helps the shoes recover their shape after impact. This means the more you roll your foot, the more stable it will become.
The GEL-KAYANO 23 hugs your feet and cushions the impact thanks to FlyteFoam technology in the midsole, which is even lighter than previous versions. It also boasts a 2-layered springy midsole with SuperSpEVA.
Pronation Suitability: Ideal for mild to moderate overpronation.
Pronation is how a runner's foot rolls medially between footfall and toe-off. Underpronation is when the foot rolls outwards, overpronation is when it rolls inwards, and a neutral pattern is when little rolling occurs. Matching a shoe's properties with the runner's running style will increase comfort, running efficiency, and contribute to decreasing the risk of injury.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.): ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natual gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- AHAR+: New blown AHAR outsole material. Delivers enhanced cushioning, durability and ride to the foot.
- ComforDry X-40 Sockliner: This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and high-level breathability.
- FluidFit: ASICS FluidFit technology combines a technical mesh that stretches in multiple directions with other stretch materials to create a glove like fit.
- Solid Rubber outsole: Provides enhanced durability and traction.
- Seamless Construction: The use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and friction caused by traditional; stitches and seams.
- Guidance Trusstic: This Trusstic System integrates Guidance construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- Clutch Counter: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Dynamic Duomax: Next generation DuoMax system provides greater comfort and enhances gait efficiency.
- ComforDry™ Lasting: This lasting material features plush underfoot comfort while providing excellent moisture management and high level breathability.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Guidance Line®: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- 3M Reflective: Reflective material produced by 3M company, for night safety.
: These shoes are quite small. We strongly recommend to take half or one size larger than usual.