One Bike to Rule them All!
The world's best-loved mountain bike gets a major capability boost. With more travel, a more aggressive geometry, and 29" or 27.5" mid-fat options, Fuel EX is the one go-to trail bike for all riders.
Want a rugged, capable long-travel trail bike with the spritely manners of an XC bike? Get it with Fuel EX. Fuel EX blends the best of both worlds in one uncompromising package.
The Alpha Platinium Aluminium frame comes with a RockShox Sektor Silver RL fork, RockShox Deluxe RL shock, Shimano Deore 2x10-speed drivetrain, Bontrager wheels, Shimano M315 disc brakes and grippy Bontrager XR3 tires.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium - Trek's premium, aluminum alloy is continuously cold extruded and butted for weight reduction and superior strength. Frames built with Alpha Platinum feature extensive hydroforming to create the most complex industrial designs for the lightest weight, and are finished using Trek's smooth-weld finishing process.
- Boost 148/110 - Wider dropouts (110 mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- Women's Specific Design - Trek was the first major bicycle company to introduce a complete line of products specifically designed to accommodate the unique fit needs of women. WSD products address the key anatomical differences between women and men, giving female riders more control, increased comfort, and better handling. Additionally the suspension spring rate is specially tuned to suit women riders for unbeatable control, comfort and performance.
- Full Floater - Most suspension systems attach the bottom of the shock to a fixed frame mount. That fixed mount can contribute to a harsh ride. Trek solved that with Full Floater, attaching the shock to two moving linkage points so it can better respond to bumps across a wide variety of terrain. It feels like more travel, but it's not. It's smarter travel.
- Active Braking Pivot - Other full suspension systems firm up under braking, reducing your control when you need it most. Trek's patented Active Braking Pivot solves that by keeping your suspension active whether you're on the brakes or off. When your suspension stays active under braking, you stay in control. You can brake later in a turn, maintain better rear wheel traction in stutter bumps, go faster, and just have more fun.
- EVO Link - The exclusive EVO Link system connects the main frame to the rear triangle with a one-piece rocker link, creating a stiffer frame for greater control with minimal weight. It's a stronger, lighter rocker.
- Mino Link Geo Adjust - Fine tune head tube angle by 1/2° and BB height by up to 10 mm with the simple turn of a nut. Just flip the link to choose between slack or slacker geometry, without negatively affecting suspension performance. A Trek exclusive.
- 12 mm Thru Axle - Trek's robust and confidence-inspiring rear thru axle is about 35% stiffer than an open dropout design. And now, a thru axle wheel change is actually quick and easy, thanks to a tabbed guide in the frame's dropout.
- Internal derailleur routing - Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
- E2 Tapered Head Tube - E2 tapers from a 1.5" lower to a 1-1/8" upper to provide mare material where it matters most, for a stronger, lighter frame with point-and-shoot control.
- ISCG Mount - International Standard Chain Guide mounts offer easy chain guide installation and adjustment.
- Down Tube Guard - Replaceable external shield protects the down tube from trail debris.