The legacy wheel of the disc brake-compatible Ksyrium Family now gets wider rims and a stepped-up finish for improved ride quality.
Disc brakes bring more control and predictability regardless of the weather conditions however the wheel still needs to be both bombproof and light. This is offered by the Ksyrium Pro Disc wheel thanks to Mavic's experience in disc brake optimized MTB wheelsets. Additionally it convince with further improved ride qualities because of a internal width grown up to 17 mm for large-volume tires. Compatible with 6 bolt disc brake standard.
Improved ride quality :
Low weight and high efficiency:
- large volume PowerLink tyre increase comfort, rolling efficiency and grip
- Zicral spokes and Fore drilling improves lateral stiffness
Smartly adapted to the constraints of disc brakes:
- ISM 4D rim machining makes for superlight rim
- Zicral spokes and Instant Drive 360 freewheel system lower overall weight while maintaining stiffness, giving you low friction and fast engagement
- 24 spokes for perfect brake torque distribution
- Rear for 12x142mm through axle (convertible with optional adapters)
The Yksion Pro PowerLink
is designed to speed the bike up. Optimized for rear wheel use, its compound, supple nylon casing reinforcement and tread pattern are specifically designed to increase rolling efficiency, making it one of the fastest tire.
(Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions) - An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D not only significantly reduces weight and reduces inertia without compromising durability, but also improves aerodynamics due to its new rim shape. Further advantages: up to 50 grams lighter for faster climbing, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration and a smooth aerodynamic rim shape to reduce drag.
Instant Drive 360 Freehub
- The Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
- By drilling only one rim wall, we made the rim four times more resistant to fatigue stress. All your energy is transmitted through a 40% increase in rigidity.
- The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges. Further advantages: higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission and better wheel stability for fewer maintenance.
(Qualité Roulements Mavic Plus) - Mavic Quality Bearings Plus. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
A highly resistant and lightweight aluminum alloy for spokes.
- Exclusive to Mavic. An aluminium alloy that is 30% more resistant than a 6106 alloy for lighter and spicier rims.
(Soudé Usiné Process) - A welded and milled rim joint which is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking and offers superior wheel balance.
A good tire must fully liberate the wheel's potential and even enhance its performance. Therefore, the expected benefits of the front tire are different from the rear one. PowerLink clinchers are optimized for rear use. Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip: Dual compound. Improved drive: light and supple high density casing. Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: Dual compound and strong Nylon anti-puncture breaker.
Clean with a dry cloth or soap and water. Do not use pressurized water.
Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty:
The Mavic Care program offers you the opportunity to activate a 2 year warranty for all Mavic wheels purchased new from 2016 onwards. For certain wheels you can extend that warranty by 1 year to a total of 3 years free of charge. An overview of those wheels can be found here
. With the registration to Mavic Care you're also eligible for Mavic's Crash Replacement Program.
To sign up for Mavic Care or receive more information about it, please use the following link or ask our service team. Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty