The disc-specific version of the famous Ksyrium Elite: light, strong and versatile.
Mavic's exclusive and patented Fore Drilling creates a strong and durable connection of the spokes to the rim while Mavic's innovative Isopulse lacing improves stability and lateral stiffness under heavy loads such as sprinting or climbing.
Thanks to ISM 4D technology this wheel is equipped with a superlight but also 17 mm wide (internally) rim. By increasing the internal width give the tire a larger surface area to improve both comfort and rolling efficiency.
All of this performance is achieved without any weight penalty, thanks to the use of Mavic's exclusive patented ISM4D technology. Staying true to the Elite philosophy, to offer the best technology available where it really matters, ISM4D leaves the exact amount of material around the spokes to maximize the balance between durability, strength and weight. The result is a wide yet super-light rim.
Improved ride quality and light weight:
Sustainable efficiency and durability :
- 17 mm internal rim width for increased air volume
- ISM 4D superlight rim
- Double-butted steel spokes keep the weight down, for a fast and comfortable ride
Smartly adapted to the constraints of disc brakes:
- fore drilling makes for a squared spoke / rim interface
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel system delivers low friction with fast engagement
- 24 spokes for perfect brake torque distribution
- rear hub for 12x142 mm through axle (convertible with optional adapters)
- compatible with 6 bolt brake discs
The Ksyrium Elite will still come fitted with Mavic's Yksion Pro tire. The rear wheel comes with the Yksion Pro Powerlink with its specially designed compound, supple nylon reinforced casing and tread pattern to increase rolling efficiency. The result is not only a fast and dependable performing tire system but one that is also extremely light weight at just 210 g in a generous and comfortable 25 mm width.
- By drilling only one rim wall, we made the rim four times more resistant to fatigue stress. All your energy is transmitted through a 40% increase in rigidity.
- Exclusive to Mavic. An aluminum alloy that is 30% more resistant than a 6106 alloy for lighter and spicier rims.
- This spoke lacing design and mounting brings better wheel stability, a constant spoke tension and a crystal clear transmission of energy.
Instant Drive 360 Freehub
- The Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
(Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions) - An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D not only significantly reduces weight and reduces inertia without compromising durability, but also improves aerodynamics due to its new rim shape. Further advantages: up to 50 grams lighter for faster climbing, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration and a smooth aerodynamic rim shape to reduce drag.
(Soudé Usiné Process) - A welded and milled rim joint which is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking and offers superior wheel balance.
(Qualité Roulements Mavic Plus) - Mavic Quality Bearings Plus.
The Yksion Pro PowerLink
is designed to speed the bike up. Optimized for rear wheel use, its compound, supple nylon casing reinforcement and tread pattern are specifically designed to increase rolling efficiency, making it one of the fastest tire.
Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty:
The Mavic Care program offers you the opportunity to activate a 2 year warranty for all Mavic wheels purchased new from 2016 onwards. For
certain wheels you can extend that warranty by 1 year to a total of 3 years free of charge. An overview of those wheels can be found here
. With the registration to Mavic Care you're also eligible for Mavic's Crash Replacement Program.
To sign up for Mavic Care or receive more information about it, please use the following link or ask our service team. Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty
Clean with a dry cloth or soap and water. Do not use pressurized water.