CUBE KATHMANDU Men Trekking Bike - 2017 - black edition
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE KATHMANDU Men Trekking Bike - 2017 - black edition
A bike for all reasons!
The city of Kathmandu is legendary - and now there's a bike named after it. Despite the hand-picked components, the light aluminium frame and complete Shimano XT groupset, you'll still have enough money left over for your next world trip. Maybe you could start and finish in Kathmandu? Hydraulic disc brakes, 30 gears and a superb suspension fork are perfect for smoothing the road on far-flung continents, but also just as suitable for day-to-day use. A bike for all reasons? CUBE think so...
The basis of the Kathmandu is the double butted aluminium tubeset, carefully joined together during CUBE´s production process to make an extremely stiff and stable chassis. IC technology integrates the luggage rack directly into the frame, giving a further boost to stability - it'll respond to the rider's inputs without hesitation, even when fully loaded. The CUBE Efficient Comfort Geometry gives the best blend of comfort and efficiency for the long haul. And, of course, the Kathmandu also boasts internal cable routing.
It's one highlight after another. The RockShox Paragon Gold air suspension fork can be set up precisely according to the rider's needs - thanks to mountain bike suspension technology - and makes even the roughest of surfaces manageable. CUBE have chosen a complete Shimano XT transmission - famed for its reliability - with 30 gears covering the widest possible spread of ratios, as well as matching hydraulic disc brakes with a large 180 mm rotor up front for better cooling on long descents. The luggage rack features the Snap-It system and easily replaceable wear items. The Busch & Müller lighting system includes an Eyc T front lamp with sensor control and 40 lux output, a Toplight 323 rear light and takes its power from the Shimano XT hub dynamo. This is a bike for setting out on your own legendary world tour…
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Efficient Comfort Geometry - With CUBE´s specially designed Efficient Comfort Geometry, long distances can be covered easily. Trips with the family, tours with friends or a journey of months - explore the world and life in a new way with the CUBE travel series geometry.
- Integrated Modular Carrier - The Integrated Multi Carrier is a complete new development by CUBE. The bicycle rack becomes an integral part of the frame, adding to the rigidity of the chassis. Through a specially designed modular construction, the rack is expandable in many ways. Bags, carrying systems and boxes can be mounted easily and safely for secure, convenient load carrying.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE´s high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- StVZO - CUBE Bikes with this labelling fulfill all legal requirements and meet all safety demands according to the StVZO German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations. Lighting systems and reflectors mounted are tested and certified accordingly. These bikes take into account every security-related detail to guarantee safe and relaxed mobility in traffic.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE KATHMANDU Men Trekking Bike - 2017 - black edition
|Product Name:||CUBE KATHMANDU Men Trekking Bike - 2017 - black edition|
|Manufacturer item code:||842000|
|Weight:||approx. 14,60 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Aluminium Superlite Trekking Comfort IC Double Butted|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit Z | semi-integrated 1 1/8"|
|Fork:||RockShox Paragon Gold | 63 mm, OneLock|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar | 680 mm|
|Saddle:||Selle Royal Freccia Video Gel|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 27.2 mm|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-T8000 | Hollowtech II, 48x36x26T, 175 mm, Integrated BB, Chainguard|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT FD-T8000 | Topswing, 31.8 mm|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-T8000 | 10-speed|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-T8000|
|Sprocket:||Shimano CS-M771 | 11-34T|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brake, (180 mm/160 mm)|
|Rims:||CUBE EX21 | 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready|
|Hubs:||front: Shimano XT DH-T8000, Hub Dynamo, QR
rear: Shimano XT FH-M8000, QR, Centerlock
|Tires:||Schwalbe Marathon Supreme | Kevlar, 42-622|
|Lights:||front: Busch & Müller Eyc T Senso Plus
rear: Busch & Müller Toplight Linetec
|Special equipment:||CUBEstand Pro kickstand, CUBE Integrated Carrier, SKS Stingray mudguards|
|Purpose:||touring, city, sport|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)