Outdoor 03/09: Editor's Choice Award 2009!
As the only device on todays market the Active 10 uses extremely detailed and precise raster instead of vector mapping
, constructed and supplied by concerned ordnance survey, for offering all pros of modern mobile navigation combined with clearness of trusted classic paper maps. The big 3.5 inch display provides best overview and an adjustable permanent backlight offers optimized power drain.
Active 10 is equipped as an outdoor specific navigation device with a water and dustproof case and SD memory card slots, mini USB and headphone connection proofed by gummi caps. The display is proofed by a screen cover, which can be easily swapped when scratched by stones or limbs. With its big keys it's easy to use even with gloves.
Satmap has mounted a powerful SiRF III receiver
with a precision of 3-5m under ideal conditions and has an enormous tracking memory for recording the traveled route every second, or every fourth second in energy saving mode. But also for planning routes, the Active 10 has an ace up it's sleeve: routes can be created directly on the device's screen independent from a PC in only a few minutes! A subsequent modification of the route, e.g. moving or clearing of waypoints is possible any time, too. During navigation the choice is between a view orientated to the north or to direction of motion. Of course computerized routes also can be processed by Active 10. Creating or editing routes on the computer is possible with SatSync
software downloadable at the Satmap website.
Keep connected. By registering your Satmap Active 10 you will gain important benefits and updates that will enhance your enjoyment of this GPS: Events, special offers and discounts, product news and software upgrades. This registration is not imperatively necessary for the entire use of the Active 10!
For Active 10 various regional maps of the ordnance survey on a scale of 1:25k or 1:50k are optionally available. Active 10 only contains the standard package with world map 1:30 and 1:5Mio!
- Dimension: approx. 7,5x13x3cm
- Toughened, impact resistant casing; all weather capability
- Day/night functionality
- SiRF Star III GPS receiver
- Integrated 18mm Patch Antenna
- In-built 2 Axis Electronic Compass
- 3.5 inch LCD TF Backlit Colour Screen
- Microsoft CE Operating System
- 128MB RAM
- ARM9 Processor
- In-built Lithium Polymer battery charger
- Power source options: 3x AA size standard Alkaline batteries; Large 3.7v / 2900mAh Lithium Polymer 'smart' battery; 240v / 120v mains supply; 12v DC vehicle (cigarette lighter)
- Dual function USB 2.0: power input and data transfer via PC
- SD Card Reader – allowing expandable memory (up to 4GB currently)
- In-built Multi-Media Player
- Full GPS Functionality (Real Time Clock, Logging, Waypoints, Time, etc.)
- On board performance statistics logging (uploadable to PC)
- Map Data sourced from Ordnance Survey on pre-loaded SD Cards or sold as Internet Downloads
- Multi-stage zoom and rapid pan facility
- Aerial photography / satellite imagery compatible
Satmap Active is contructed for outdoor usage. It is NOT
suitable as car navigation device and not car-rooting capable.