Just like the original Ksyrium Elite, the Centerlock version of this versatile wheel system produces a lightweight, dynamic ride quality that benefits from ISM 4D rim technology and is enhanced by Mavic's Road UST Technology. Road UST makes the use of tubeless ease and safe, bringing the rolling resistance to its minimum (-15 % at equal tire pressure) and improving ride quality and grip. This version in a disc-brake build requires some specific engineering to address the different forces involved.
ISM stands for Inter Spoke Milling. This unique process trims the thickness of the rim wall between the spokes to create a rim that is lighter but still very durable. To reinforce the front wheel for disc brakes, Mavic increased the spoke count to 24. The hub is engineered with a 12 mm thru-axle, and can be converted to 15 mm thru-axle or quick release. The rear wheel uses 24 straightpull spokes laced to the lightweight, fast engagement Instant Drive 360 hub mechanism. Delivered in 12 x 142 mm, it can be also converted to regular quick release. It’s compatible with Shimano or SRAM cassettes and can be converted to Campagnolo or SRAM XD-R.
Mavic Road UST Tubeless technology
By combining their knowledge of wheels and tires, Mavic was able to perfect the symbiotic relationship between the tire bead and the rim hook to offer a system that is not only fast on the road and easy to maintain, but also 100 % reliable so you can focus on one thing - your ride.
Fast in line and quick through the turns
All-new rubber compound achieves the best balance of grip and low rolling resistance.
Safe and easy to use
Patented UST technology ensures the perfect union between tire and wheel, ensuring easy installation and removal.
Smoother ride and more puncture resistant
Ride with lower pressure for increased comfort and reduced risk of pinch flats.
Technologies of the Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST Disc WTS wheels:
- Stiffer and stronger. Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Exclusive to Mavic. An aluminum alloy that is 30% more resistant than a 6106 alloy for lighter and spicier rims.
- This spoke lacing design and mounting brings better wheel stability, a constant spoke tension and a crystal clear transmission of energy.
Instant Drive 360
- The Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
ISM 4D (Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions)
- An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D not only significantly reduces weight and reduces inertia without compromising durability, but also improves aerodynamics due to its new rim shape. Further advantages: up to 50 grams lighter for faster climbing, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration and a smooth aerodynamic rim shape to reduce drag.
QRM+ (Qualité Roulements Mavic Plus)
- Mavic's most demanding bearings. Those cartridge bearings are double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
QRM Auto (Qualité de Roulements Mavic Auto)
- Mavic's latest innovation. Those cartridge bearings are double sealed with C3 internal clearance. Their preload is automatically adjusted to guarantee a perfect spin with no play on the long run.
SUP (Soudé Usiné Process)
- A welded and milled rim joint which is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking and offers superior wheel balance.
Features of the Yksion Pro UST folding tires:
Low rolling resistance and extra speed
Easy to use and repair
- No more friction between tire and tube.
- The exclusive 11 Storm compound reaches the best balance of grip and low rolling resistance.
- Lighter than clincher tire + tube combo.
Improved comfort with high flat protection
- Perfect match guaranteed with Mavic UST Wheel-System.
- Tight control over beads diameter and stiffness.
- Kevlar beads stretches just enough for easier mounting.
Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty:
- Lower recommended tire pressure with no risk of pinch flats.
- Just 30 grams of sealant prevents most puncture.
The Mavic Care program offers you the opportunity to activate a 2 year warranty for all Mavic wheels purchased new from 2016 onwards. For certain wheels you can extend that warranty by 1 year to a total of 3 years free of charge. An overview of those wheels can be found here
. With the registration to Mavic Care you're also eligible for Mavic's Crash Replacement Program.
To sign up for Mavic Care or receive more information about it, please use the following link or ask our service team. Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty
Clean with a dry cloth or soap and water. Do not use pressurized water.