The Cosmic name is all about the perfect balance between aerodynamics, weight and ride quality – to improve speed on the flat but also to keep weight down for the climbs. This balance makes it the perfect entry point into the world of high-level race wheels for many riders. This version features the added benefits of Mavic's Road UST Tubeless technology and a wider rim for enhanced aerodynamic performance and ride quality.
Continuous wind tunnel research and testing has resulted in a 30 mm deep and 23 mm wide rim that now complies with the NACA requirement for maximum aerodynamic performance. And as with all Mavic aluminum aluminium rims, it benefits from their long experience of designing light yet strong rim extrusions. This time Mavic carefully tuned the thickness of the rim wall to hit the sweet spot between stiffness, strength and weight, so it remains dynamic and easy to climb with.
These SUP welded rims are then laced with 20 (front and rear) steel bladed Straightpull spokes that are stronger than traditional J bent spokes. The spokes connect to Mavic's strongest hub platform, which runs on the super smooth and strong QRM bearings, coupled with bombproof axles and bearing supports (Mavic patent). Pedaling torque is integrally transferred to the ground thanks to the super-efficient FTS-L freewheel system, which is light, smooth, stiff and easy to service. This hub easily converts from Shimano/SRAM to Campagnolo cassette in 9,10 or 11 speed.
Mavic's Road UST Tubeless technology which used on the Cosmic Elite improves rolling efficiency, comfort and puncture protection. The Yksion Pro UST tires complement perfectly the aerodynamic qualities of the wheels by featuring a 127 TPI casing and a light weight of just 260 grams (25 mm version).
Mavic Road UST Tubeless technology
By combining their knowledge of wheels and tires, Mavic was able to perfect the symbiotic relationship between the tire bead and the rim hook to offer a system that is not only fast on the road and easy to maintain, but also 100 % reliable so you can focus on one thing - your ride.
Fast in line and quick through the turns
All-new rubber compound achieves the best balance of grip and low rolling resistance.
Safe and easy to use
Patented UST technology ensures the perfect union between tire and wheel, ensuring easy installation and removal.
Smoother ride and more puncture resistant
Ride with lower pressure for increased comfort and reduced risk of pinch flats.
Technologies of the Mavic Cosmic Elite UST WTS wheels:
SUP (Soudé Usiné Process)
- A welded and milled rim joint which is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking and offers superior wheel balance.
UB Control (Usiné Brut Control)
- The braking surfaces are milled to improve braking friction and eliminate shuddering.
QRM (Qualité de Roulements Mavic)
- Cartridge bearings with such a quality you will only find on Mavic hubs. They are double sealed with C3 internal clearance.
FTS-L (Force Transfer System Light)
- The reinforcement of the key transmission components brings a lighter and stronger hub to allow the energy to flow freely to the entire wheel.
Features of the Yksion Pro UST folding tires:
Low rolling resistance and extra speed
Easy to use and repair
- No more friction between tire and tube.
- The exclusive 11 Storm compound reaches the best balance of grip and low rolling resistance.
- Lighter than clincher tire + tube combo.
Improved comfort with high flat protection
- Perfect match guaranteed with Mavic UST Wheel-System.
- Tight control over beads diameter and stiffness.
- Kevlar beads stretches just enough for easier mounting.
Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty:
- Lower recommended tire pressure with no risk of pinch flats.
- Just 30 grams of sealant prevents most puncture.
The Mavic Care program offers you the opportunity to activate a 2 year warranty for all Mavic wheels purchased new from 2016 onwards. For certain wheels you can extend that warranty by 1 year to a total of 3 years free of charge. An overview of those wheels can be found here
. With the registration to Mavic Care you're also eligible for Mavic's Crash Replacement Program.
To sign up for Mavic Care or receive more information about it, please use the following link or ask our service team. Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty
Clean with a dry cloth or soap and water. Do not use pressurized water.