COOLER, FASTER in a PROTECTIVE package - the A2.
The all-new for 2017-A2 helmet redefines mountain bike safety, style, comfort and ventilation. One of the first helmet in its class to combine EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high speed impacts) in one sleek package, that will set a new benchmark for mountain bike helmets.
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain.
- Dual density impact liner with co-molded EPS and EPP providing safety at multiple impact velocities.
- Polycarbonate shell with aerospace filament reinforced shell liner.
- 16% extry EPS thickness in frontal lobe impact zones.
- Raised EPS splines for improved impact absorption.
- Anodized aluminum hardware with breakaway technology.
- Certification standards: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078, AS NZ 2063:2008
- 25% increase in air intake and exhaust port surface area size coupled with deep internal channeling allows ample airflow and cooling efficiency.
- Extra plush comfort liner with hydrolytic foam and X-static fabric for quick dry moisture wicking performance.
- Fixed side strap anchors for a no fuss perfect fit everytime.
Slimline flexible stabilizer arms.
- 3 position adjustable stabilizer baskets at front and rear attachment locations.
- Large eye port and side clearance for a perfect goggle or glasses fit.
- Multiple configurations for glasses storage.
- Multi position metalized cam lock adjustable rear stabilizer with +/- 20mm movement (60mm horizontal / 20mm vertical).
- TLD ultra breathable helmet bag.
- Accessory sticker kit and extra visor hardware included.
- Weight (size MD/LG without visor & MIPS): 330g