A best seller, the X ULTRA 3 GTX® has evolved into an even more effective hiking shoe. Thanks to Descent Control technology, it efficiently tackles technical hikes and really shines during tough descents. Wear this pair and head downhill with a spring in your step, even in wet conditions.
A time-tested last refined over the years produces an optimal fit. It's designed to work synergistically with the reinforced top arm of the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially when you're headed downhill.
Stability and cushioning
The Advanced Chassis, surrounded by foam cushioning for comfort, connects directly to the sole to stabilize your heel.
Two different types of rubber are strategically placed on the sole, resulting in a more intense grip. A special patterned area on the heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you more control when you're moving along at a healthy clip.
- Low: Low-cut profile for freedom of movement
- Gusseted tongue: Material bridge connects tongue to the upper eliminating debris from entering the shoe.
- Lace pocket: Provides easy storage for the Quick Fit lacing system
- Sensifit™: Sensifit cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug, and virtually customized fit all around the foot.
- Quicklace™: Minimalistic and strong lace for one-pull tightening. Easy-on, easy-off.
- Protective heel cap: Provides rearfoot stability and protection.
- Textile: An abrasion resistant lining that allows for excellent breathability and quick drying.
- GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear: GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear keeps your feet dry - from the outside as well as from the inside.
- Full bootie construction: Exclusive to Salomon and the only way to keep your boot waterproof to the top
- Advanced Chassis™: Salomon's lightweight advanced chassis, placed between the outsole and midsole, maximizes motion control, energy management and push through protection for an efficient, stable and responsive ride.
- Protective rubber toe cap: The right solution for the toe protection in mountain and trail environments
- EVA shaped footbed: Provides excellent cushioning and anatomically designed support
- OrthoLite®: OrthoLite® sockliner combines a specific Ortholite® foam and an EVA heel cup. Ortholite® foam creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot. It will not break down or lose effectiveness over time. Recycled tire content to protect the environment. EVA heel cups allows for a better heel support and added cushioning.