The Void is a steel, dirt oriented frame, designed to work with 26” wheels. Custom butted tubes, beefed up in the stress areas keep the weight low and strength high. An additonally reinforced top tube / seat tube junction is tough enough to survive abuse from tailwhips and 360’s.
The Void is an advanced frame made from high quality double butted 4130 cro-mo steel. Octane One suggest using 80-100mm travel forks for park, street and 100mm up to 120-140mm travel for dirt, slopestyle. If you prefer rigid forks then you should consider using models with around 435mm axle-to-crown which will still keep the BB & front end high enough.
The frame has a quite steep head angle and a very compact rear end for ultra quick handling.
The Void has been equipped with a standard threaded BB shell so you can easily fit your favourite mountain bike cranks. Long smooth tapers added on both chain stays and seat stays give the perfect clean look and plenty of material where it's needed to make a strong connection with the small and elegant dropouts.
There are no cable guides attached permanently to the frame - Octane One provides optional removable 3M cable guides if you
need to support your brake cables.
- material: custom butted 4130 cromoly
- recommended fork travel: 80-140mm or rigid forks ~435mm
- top tube (physical c-c): 565 mm / 22.2”
- chain stays: 379 mm / 14.9” slammed
- frame size: 311 mm / 12.2”
- compatible with all forks with 1 1/8” (1.125”) steer tube
- integrated headset (Campy spec 45/45 deg, OD41.8mm)
- head tube stack: 115mm
- BB shell: standard threaded 68mm (compatible with MTB cranks
and BMX cranks with Euro BB)
- biggest chainring: up to ~34t
- MTB hubs spacing (10 x 135 mm)
- tires: maximum size recommended 26”x2.35”
- 27.2 mm seat post / integrated seat clamp
- disc brake only (no V-brakes mount)
- disc brake mount IS (International Standard), max rotor size: up to 185mm
- 3M removable cable guides available separately
- optional bolt-on derailleur hanger available separately (not included)
- ultra clean look
- weight: ~2.55 - 2.58kg
- angles with 525 mm fork (around 140mm travel): head angle: 67 deg, seat tube angle: 67.5deg, BB*: +9mm, WB*: 1045mm
- angles with 505 mm fork (around 120mm travel): head angle: 68 deg, seat tube angle: 68.5deg, BB: +3mm, WB: 1035mm
- angles with 485 mm fork (around 100mm travel): head angle: 69 deg, seat tube angle: 69.5deg, BB: -3mm, WB: 1025mm
- angles with 465 mm fork (around 80mm travel): head angle: 70 deg, seat tube angle: 70.5deg, BB: -9mm, WB: 1015mm
- angles with 435 mm rigid fork: head angle: 71.5 deg, seat tube angle: 72 deg, BB: -19mm, WB: 1004mm
- *BB: bottom bracket height
- *WB: wheel base