CUBE TOURING HYBRID EXC 500 E-Bike - 2018 - black/grey
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE TOURING HYBRID EXC 500 E-Bike - 2018 - black/grey
Exclusively reliable and exclusively inspiring to ride!
CUBE took things up a notch or two with their Touring Hybrid EXC. As well as a completely redesigned frame for 2018 - borrowing some pretty impressive technology from some of their high-end hybrid bikes - the EXC features the more powerful Bosch 500Wh battery and third generation drive unit, for extended range and even longer days in the saddle. Whether you're tackling a longer commute or fancy a challenging multi-day route, this is the bike for the job. The brand new Bosch drive system has to be experienced to be believed - lighter and quieter than ever, it also features incredibly powerful software to create a ride that feels so smooth and natural you'll think you're riding a normal bike. Throw in the integrated luggage rack, inspiring but safe handling and a superb collection of components, and you can see that it's a tough act to follow. From the Suntour fork for more comfort on rough roads, to the wide-ranging 11-speed Shimano transmission capable of tackling any climb and powerful, reliable hydraulic disc brakes for safe stopping in all weathers, the CUBE designers selected only the best.
CUBE's Touring Hybrid frame was already widely regarded as one of the best of its kind, but that wasn't enough for the CUBE engineering team. Determined to make it livelier, stiffer and more stable, they redesigned all three frames - the easy entry, trapeze and men's - to position the battery as low and as close to the centre of the frame as possible. Complex hydroforming and a gravity cast bracket to hold the motor - just two of the advanced technologies featured in this frame - create an incredibly stiff, precise structure that responds intuitively to its rider. The integrated luggage carrier is the sleekest, strongest and lightest way to carry whatever you fancy with you, while the smooth welds and internally routed cables keep the appearance as sleek and neat as you'd expect.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 6061 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Gravity Casting - Gravity Casting takes the development of high-end aluminium frames to the next level. The advanced construction process – involving several post-production steps – molds liquid aluminium into highly complex frame sections. The motor, cover, battery mount and cable routing combine to form a single module that is always tailored exactly to the bike's intended use. Die casting technology now means that components can be virtually fully integrated into a structure that is specially designed to cope with stress on specific load points and look good at the same time.
- Efficient Comfort Geometry - With CUBE´s specially designed Efficient Comfort Geometry, long distances can be covered easily. Trips with the family, tours with friends or a journey of months - explore the world and life in a new way with the CUBE travel series geometry.
- Optimal Drive Position - The engine is the critical part of an e-bike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new e-bike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed downtube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low center of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- Integrated Modular Carrier - The Integrated Multi Carrier is a complete new development by CUBE. The bicycle rack becomes an integral part of the frame, adding to the rigidity of the chassis. Through a specially designed modular construction, the rack is expandable in many ways. Bags, carrying systems and boxes can be mounted easily and safely for secure, convenient load carrying.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- StVZO - CUBE Bikes with this labeling fulfill all legal requirements and meet all safety demands according to the StVZO German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations. Lighting systems and reflectors mounted are tested and certified accordingly. These bikes take into account every security-related detail to guarantee safe and relaxed mobility in traffic.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE TOURING HYBRID EXC 500 E-Bike - 2018 - black/grey
|Product Name:||CUBE TOURING HYBRID EXC 500 E-Bike - 2018 - black/grey|
|Weight:||approx. 22,90 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Aluminium Superlite, Trekking Premium Sport, IC 2.0, Double Butted|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS-R | Top: Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44 mm), Bottom: Zero-Stack 1 1/2" (OD 56 mm)|
|Fork:||SR Suntour NCX D LO Air, 63 mm, Lockout|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar | 700 mm|
|Saddle:||Selle Royal Lookin Moderate, Royalgel™|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Suspension Seatpost | 27.2 mm|
|Crankset:||FSA CK-602, 38T, Chainguard|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000, 11-46T|
|Brakes:||Shimano Deore BR-M6000 | hydraulic disc brakes (180/160 mm)|
|Pedals:||CUBE PP Trekking|
|Rims:||CUBE SX20, 36H, Disc|
|Hubs:||front: Shimano XT HB-M8000, QR, Centerlock
rear: Shimano XT FH-M8000, QR, Centerlock
|Tires:||Schwalbe Marathon GT Tour, Performance, Dualguard, 47-622|
|Lights:||front: Trelock LS230, 12V, DC
rear: Herrmans H-Trace
|Carrier:||CUBE Integrated Carrier 2.0, CUBE Adapter Compatible, SnapIt Compatible and Rail|
|E-Drive System:||Bosch Drive Unit Active Plus (50 Nm) Cruise (250 Watt)|
|Battery:||Bosch PowerPack 500 Wh|
|Extras:||battery charger: Bosch 2A, display: Bosch Intuvia, CUBEstand Pro kickstand|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE TOURING HYBRID EXC 500 E-Bike - 2018 - black/grey|
|Delivery approx. till Dec. 28th 2017||Frame Size: 50 cm|
|Delivery approx. till Dec. 28th 2017||Frame Size: 54 cm|
|Delivery approx. till Dec. 28th 2017||Frame Size: 58 cm|
|Delivery approx. till Dec. 28th 2017||Frame Size: 62 cm|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)