CUBE STEREO HYBRID 140 Race 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - red/orange
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO HYBRID 140 Race 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - red/orange
The new benchmark for All Mountain e-bikes!
CUBE's Stereo Hybrid 140 Race set a new benchmark for All Mountain e-MTBs when it was first launched - and that still holds true. Whether it's the frame's exceptional balance and low weight, the superb trail manners of the Agile Ride Geometry or the reliability of the components, this is a bike that stands out above the competition. Features like the Magura hydraulic disc brakes, wide-ranging 11-speed Shimano transmission and smooth, easily adjustable Fox suspension components mean that this is a bike that's just crying out for epic singletrack adventures. Will you rise to the challenge?
The CUBE way of doing things is simple: maximum performance, zero compromise. With the Stereo Hybrid 140 Race CUBE have built on well-known features like their lauded Agile Trail Geometry (ATG) and Efficient Trail Control (ETC) kinematics, tweaking and refining until their engineers were satisfied that this is the best frame of its kind that they could possibly build. Tuned Drive Position (TDP) places the Bosch drive unit in the best possible position, allowing CUBE to reduce chainstay length for better handling while maintaining plenty of tire clearance for grippy, comfortable performance. The Boost rear end with 148 mm axle increases steering precision on even the roughest of descents, while CUBE have positioned the battery as low as possible in the frame to improve handling. They have not forgotten the details, either - cables run internally for smoother shifts with reduced maintenance.
- Aluminium Ultralite - Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. The CUBE Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Hydroforming - Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Gravity Casting - Gravity Casting takes the development of high-end aluminium frames to the next level. The advanced construction process – involving several post-production steps – molds liquid aluminium into highly complex frame sections. The motor, cover, battery mount and cable routing combine to form a single module that is always tailored exactly to the bike's intended use. Die casting technology now means that components can be virtually fully integrated into a structure that is specially designed to cope with stress on specific load points and look good at the same time.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Optimal Drive Position - The engine is the critical part of an E-bike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new E-bike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed downtube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low center of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO HYBRID 140 Race 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - red/orange
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO HYBRID 140 Race 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - red/orange|
|Weight:||approx. 22,50 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link, ATG, Boost148, Tuned Drive Position, AXH|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit Z-t | Top: Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44 mm), Bottom: Integrated 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 34 Rhythm, 2-Position Sweep-Adjust GRIP Damper, Tapered, 15x110 mm, 140 mm|
|Shock:||Fox Float DPS EVOL, 190x50 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro, 740 mm|
|Saddle:||Selle Royal MTB|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post, 31.6 mm|
|Crankset:||FSA CK-745 | 15T, 170 mm|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DGS, ShadowPlus, 11-speed|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000, 11-46T|
|Chain:||KMC X11e, EcoProTeQ|
|Brakes:||Magura MT Trail Custom | hydraulic disc brakes (180/180 mm)|
|Rims:||CUBE EX30 | 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready|
|Hubs:||front: Shimano Deore HB-M6010-B, 15x110 mm Boost, Centerlock
rear: Shimano Deore FH-M6010-B, 12x148 mm Boost, Centerlock
|Tires:||Schwalbe Nobby Nic Kevlar 2.60, Addix Speedgrip, Apex, Tubeless Easy|
|E-Drive System:||Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX (75 Nm) Cruise (250 Watt)|
|Battery:||Bosch PowerPack 500 Wh|
|Extras:||battery charger: Bosch 2A, display: Bosch Purion|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE STEREO HYBRID 140 Race 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - red/orange|
|Not deliverable||Frame Size: 16"|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size: 18"|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size: 20"|
|Not deliverable||Frame Size: 22"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)