CUBE STEREO HYBRID 160 Action Team 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - action team
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO HYBRID 160 Action Team 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - action team
Ultimate e-enduro machine in CUBE team colors!
CUBE don't call a bike "Action Team" and paint it in team colors without good reason. The Stereo Hybrid 160 Action Team has earned the right to wear this coveted name because CUBE are confident it can meet the stringent demands of enduro riding under the toughest of conditions. Completely revised for 2018, it looks sleeker and handles better than ever before. The seamlessly integrated Bosch CX drive system and Intube battery work in tandem with the SRAM EX1 8-speed transmission, whose wide ranging 11-48T cassette has been specifically designed to match the torque characteristics of the motor - which translates to incredibly smooth gear shifts, even under power. The Fox 36 Float Factory fork and Float DPX2 Factory EVOL shock deliver smooth, trail-taming travel and the Shimano Saint hydraulic disc brakes have the power to bring all this speed safely to a halt. With Race Face cockpit components, a Fox Transfer Factory internal dropper post and light, strong Newmen Evolution SL E.35 wheelset, it's a factory-level setup that you can rely on to deliver mile after mile of trail-taming fun.
Using the latest e-mtb technology and all the experience gained from building performance aluminium bikes over many years, CUBE's engineering team pulled out all the stops for the Stereo Hybrid 160 Action Team. Key to the frame's success is the surprisingly light, supremely rigid, one piece gravity cast downtube. Not only is it the backbone of the bike, anchoring the tapered headtube at one end and the Bosch CX motor's custom housing at the other, it also discretely houses the Bosch Intube battery. An easily removable, splash and dirt-proof cover protects it from the elements, but you don't need to remove it from the frame to charge it. There's even room for a bottle cage. The rear end continues the elegant-but-stiff theme with a Boost hub and, of course, all the cables are routed internally so that you can keep riding rather than wrenching. Which is exactly what any team rider would expect...
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 6061 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Hydroforming - Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Gravity Casting - Gravity Casting takes the development of high-end aluminium frames to the next level. The advanced construction process – involving several post-production steps – molds liquid aluminium into highly complex frame sections. The motor, cover, battery mount and cable routing combine to form a single module that is always tailored exactly to the bike's intended use. Die casting technology now means that components can be virtually fully integrated into a structure that is specially designed to cope with stress on specific load points and look good at the same time.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Optimal Drive Position - The engine is the critical part of an E-bike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new E-bike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed downtube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low center of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO HYBRID 160 Action Team 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - action team
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO HYBRID 160 Action Team 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - action team|
|Weight:||approx. 23,20 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Aluminium Superlite, Gravity Casting, Tripple Butted, ETC 4-Link, ATG, Boost148, Tuned Drive Position, AXH, FIB|
|Headset:||FSA 1.5E ZS | Top: Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44 mm), Bottom: Zero-Stack 1 1/2" (OD 56 mm)|
|Fork:||Fox 36 Float Factory FIT4, 3-Position w/Low Speed Compression Adjust, Tapered, 15x110 mm, 170 mm, Kashima Coated|
|Shock:||Fox Float DPX2 Factory EVOL, 200x57 mm, Kashima Coated|
|Stem:||Race Face Turbine Basic, 35 mm|
|Bar:||Race Face SixC 35, 820 mm|
|Saddle:||CUBE Race EXC 145|
|Seatpost:||Fox Transfer Factory 31.6 mm, Kashima Coated (16": 359x100 mm; 18": 409x125 mm; 20", 22": 456x150 mm)|
|Crankset:||Race Face Aeffect, 165 mm, 15T|
|Rear Derailleur:||SRAM EX1, 8-speed|
|Shifter:||SRAM EX1 Trigger|
|Sprocket:||SRAM XG-899, 11-48T|
|Brakes:||Shimano Saint BR-M820, hydraulic disc brakes (203/180 mm)|
|Wheelset:||Newmen Evolution SL E.35, 28/28 spokes, 15x110 mm/12x148 mm, Tubeless Ready|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.60, Addix Soft, Tubeless Easy, Super Gravity
rear: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.60, Addix Speedgrip, Tubeless Easy, Super Gravity
|E-Drive System:||Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX (75 Nm) Cruise (250 Watt)|
|Battery:||Bosch PowerTube 500 Wh|
|Extras:||battery charger: Bosch 4A, display: Bosch Purion|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE STEREO HYBRID 160 Action Team 500 - 27.5" MTB E-Bike - 2018 - action team|
|Delivery approx. till Feb. 18th 2018||Frame Size: 16"|
|Delivery approx. till Feb. 18th 2018||Frame Size: 18"|
|Delivery approx. till Feb. 18th 2018||Frame Size: 20"|
|Delivery approx. till Feb. 18th 2018||Frame Size: 22"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)