When it comes to flying down the most extreme enduro terrain, this is the weapon of choice for Giant Factory Off-Road Team riders. Reengineered for 2018, the all-new Reign Advanced features updated geometry with a longer cockpit made with a lightweight, super stiff Advanced-grade composite mainframe and ALUXX SL aluminum rear swingarm. The updated trunnion-mount Maestro suspension system delivers 160mm of smooth, active travel and incorporates a new Advanced Forged Composite upper rocker arm, which is lighter and stronger than the previous aluminum design. And it’s all designed around the performance benefits offered by 27.5 wheels. For competitive off-road riders seeking the ultimate advantage on aggressive trails, the new Reign Advanced is the way to roll.
- Advanced Composite Frame - High-performance T-700 raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in Giant’s own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the monocoque construction.
- 27.5-Specific Geometry - Updated “long and low” frame geometry is tailored for 27.5-inch wheels to optimize control, acceleration and stability.
- Boost Technology - Wider hub spacing (110 mm front) results in stiffer wheels for added control plus more tire clearance.
- Maestro Suspension - Uses four strategically positioned pivot points and two linkages that work together to create a single floating pivot point for the most active, efficient suspension system.
- Powercore - A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 92-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design. Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.