Power up steep climbs. Attack twisting descents. Edge out rivals in heated sprints. The TCR Advanced SL has earned its reputation as the ultimate all-around race bike. This is the lightest road frameset ever produced by Giant, and it boasts the highest stiffness-to-weight ratio of any road bike on the market. The new Variant integrated seatpost delivers an improved ride quality for more comfort on the longest, hardest rides, and the Advanced SL-grade composite frame makes the most of its proven Compact Road Design.
- Advanced SL Carbon Frame - The highest-performance T-800 raw carbon-fiber material is painstakingly woven in Giant’s own composite factory to create the most cutting-edge frames available today. This is the technology used by Giant’s world championship-caliber racers as they compete in the most demanding events on the planet. These frames feature the most advanced engineering and construction methods.
- Compact Road Design - In 1997, when riders on the legendary Spanish pro team ONCE rolled up to the start of a race on a compact geometry Giant bike, the competition didn’t quite know what to think. For decades before that moment, the design and geometry of road bikes had remained essentially the same. Giant’s new approach was a radical departure, and they called it Compact Road design.
The concept is simple: A toptube that slopes downward from the headtube to the seattube reduces the size of the front and rear triangles. Smaller triangles create a lighter, stiffer bike.
- Powercore - A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design.
- Megadrive - A massive rectangular downtube and oversized toptube work in unison to provide superior front end lateral and torsional steering precision. The precisely engineered, rectangular shaped downtube yields unprecedented steering and pedaling stiffness.
- Overdrive2 - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- RideSense - Integrated ANT+ 2.4GHz digitally coded speed and cadence RideSense sensor.