Battle at the front of the field in a heated cyclocross race, or head out on a marathon gravel road ride. With a superlight ALUXX SLR aluminum frame, matched with a composite fork and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, the TCX SLR gives you smooth, confident handling on all types of terrain. Disc-brake technology boosts control on tight CX courses or wide-open dirt road descents. Symmetrical chainstays add pedaling stiffness, and the D-Fuse seatpost helps smooth out rough terrain.
- AluxX SLR Aluminium Frame - Giant's latest, most innovative aluminum frame technology is created with Giant's most advanced materials, forming methods and welding techniques. The result: ALUXX SLR delivers the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any Giant aluminum bike. Here are a few of the key technical features of this premium aluminum technology:
- Exclusively features 6011A alloy for unprecedented strength-toweight ratio
- State-of-the-art butting results in 20 percent thinner (and lighter) tubes than ALUXX SL
- Features extensive FluidForming (sophisticated manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure fluid) and some PressForming (basic manipulation of tubeset shaping via direct mechanical pressure)
- Features both Smooth (double-pass weld technique with hand-sanding to reduce stress risers) and Slim (custom-fit tube junctures to decrease weld material) welding techniques for minimal weight, maximum strength and the cleanest aesthetics
- D-Fuse Seatpost - The proprietary “D” shaped composite seatpost dampens vibration—resulting in a smooth, compliant ride.
- Powercore - A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.