A lightweight ALUXX SLR aluminum frame, smooth-handling composite fork, and drop-bar positioning make ToughRoad SLR GX the right choice for adventuring into the unknown. When the pavement ends, your ride doesn’t have to. The fast-rolling 700c wheels are fitted with high-volume 50c Giant tubeless tires. These allow you to run lower tire pressure for comfort and traction, and they also reduce the risk of flat tires. The D-Fuse seatpost absorbs road vibration and shocks to help minimize fatigue on long rides. And powerful disc brakes with 160mm rotors give you added confidence and control on rough roads and in all types of weather. Thoughtful details including integrated rack mounts and the X-Defender downtube complete the package, making ToughRoad SLR GX the perfect machine for tackling imperfect roads.
- AluxX SLR Aluminium Frame - Giant's latest, most innovative aluminum frame technology is created with Giant's most advanced materials, forming methods and welding techniques. The result: ALUXX SLR delivers the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any Giant aluminum bike. Here are a few of the key technical features of this premium aluminum technology:
- Exclusively features 6011A alloy for unprecedented strength-toweight ratio
- State-of-the-art butting results in 20 percent thinner (and lighter) tubes than ALUXX SL
- Features extensive FluidForming (sophisticated manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure fluid) and some PressForming (basic manipulation of tubeset shaping via direct mechanical pressure)
- Features both Smooth (double-pass weld technique with hand-sanding to reduce stress risers) and Slim (custom-fit tube junctures to decrease weld material) welding techniques for minimal weight, maximum strength and the cleanest aesthetics
- D-Fuse Seatpost - The proprietary “D” shaped composite seatpost dampens vibration—resulting in a smooth, compliant ride.
- Powercore - A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.