Whether you’re pinning on a number for a weekend enduro race or ripping laps on your favorite local trails, Trance Advanced delivers cutting edge performance so you can climb faster and descend with more control. Now featuring 140mm of rear suspension travel and 150mm up front, plus the superior all-rounder performance of 27.5 wheels, this progressive trail bike has been updated to perform even better on technical trails. The refined Maestro suspension system includes a new trunnion mount shock and Advanced Forged composite rocker arm, which makes the whole chassis lighter and stronger. And overall frame geometry has evolved with shorter chainstays and a longer toptube for confident handling on aggressive terrain.
- Advanced Composite Frame - High-performance T-700 raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in Giant’s own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the monocoque construction.
- 27.5-Specific Geometry - Updated “long and low” frame geometry is tailored for 27.5-inch wheels to optimize control, acceleration and stability.
- Boost Technology - Wider hub spacing (110 mm front/148 mm rear) results in stiffer wheels for added control plus more tire clearance and an improved chainline for optimal drivetrain performance.
- Advanced forged Composite Upper Rocker Arm - A state-of-the-art, high-pressure molding process is used to produce complex shaped carbon-fiber components that are lighter, stiffer and stronger than similar aluminum components.
- Maestro Suspension - Uses four strategically positioned pivot points and two linkages that work together to create a single floating pivot point for the most active, efficient suspension system.
- Trunnion Mount - New shock mount produces a lower leverage ratio for increased pedaling and braking efficiency, plus a lower center of gravity and shorter chainstays for improved handling, climbing and agility.
- Powercore - A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 92-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design. Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.