XC Speed Machine!
More than two years in the making, this new addition to the legendary Anthem series blends the most up-to-date Maestro rear suspension with the speed, control and stability of totally reengineered 29er frame geometry. Handcrafted with a superlight Advanced-grade composite mainframe and rear triangle, it features 90 mm of smooth rear suspension travel and 100 mm up front. The result: a fire-breathing XC machine that’s all about speed and control. The new trunnion mount shock produces a lower leverage ratio for better pedaling and braking efficiency, and also allows for shorter chainstays to improve the bike’s climbing capabilities and agility. And the Advanced Forged Composite upper rocker arm is lighter, stiffer and stronger than the previous aluminum version. And the combination of wider Boost hub spacing and Giant WheelSystems gives you super strong and stiff wheels for confident, precise handling on rugged trails. If XC racing is your game, this all-new Anthem Advanced Pro 29 is the perfect partner in your quest for the podium.
- Advanced Composite Frame - High-performance T-700 raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in Giant’s own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the monocoque construction.
- Boost Technology - Wider hub spacing (110 mm front/148 mm rear) results in stiffer wheels for added control plus more tire clearance and an improved chainline for optimal drivetrain performance.
- Advanced forged Composite Upper Rocker Arm - A state-of-the-art, high-pressure molding process is used to produce complex shaped carbon-fiber components that are lighter, stiffer and stronger than similar aluminum components.
- Maestro Suspension - Uses four strategically positioned pivot points and two linkages that work together to create a single floating pivot point for the most active, efficient suspension system.
- Trunnion Mount - New shock mount produces a lower leverage ratio for increased pedaling and braking efficiency, plus a lower center of gravity and shorter chainstays for improved handling, climbing and agility.
- Powercore - A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 92-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design. Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
- Megadrive - A massive rectangular downtube and oversized toptube work in unison to provide superior front end lateral and torsional steering precision. The precisely engineered, rectangular shaped downtube yields unprecedented steering and pedaling stiffness.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.