Trek SPEED CONCEPT Ultegra Triathlonbike - 2018 - matte/gloss trek black
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of Trek SPEED CONCEPT Ultegra Triathlonbike - 2018 - matte/gloss trek black
The fastest bike just got faster!Speed Concept is pure drag-defying tri performance. It offers total aerodynamic integration and incredible fit, all in one system.
You own the course on Speed Concept. Design, components, and incredible fit combine to meet your best effort and propel you to new heights of performance. Welcome to the win.
In this configuration the 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame comes with Shimano Ultegra 2x11-speed drivetrain, Bontrager Aeolus Comp Carbon TLR wheelset with Bontrager R2 tires and aluminium parts.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon - 500 Series OCLV achieves a superb balance of light weight, strength, and stiffness that's perfectly suited to the sophisticated frame technologies that distinguish Trek frames.
- Speed Geometry - Tri-specific geometry is specially engineered to accommodate the extra weight on the front wheel when you're in the aerobars, for ultra-stable handling and a more confident ride.
- Net Molding - An OCLV Carbon exclusive. Trek's proprietary molding process allows them to create the precise, extremely-tight-tolerance shapes required for the best ride quality and performance, like their integrated cupless BB90 bottom bracket and cupless Net Molded head tube.
- The Fastest Fit - Nothing fits like Speed Concept, thanks to the best fit window in the industry. You'll feel the difference, from the bike leg through to the finish line. A comfortable rider in an efficient position can put the most power to the pedals. And in triathlon, a comfortable ride leads to a faster, more comfortable run. Trek designed Speed Concept with the greatest size range and adjustability of any tri bike, to give you the best fit. For the fastest rides, the fastest runs, and the fastest overall results.
- Beyond the Wind Tunnel - Trek went beyond the wind tunnel to make the world's fastest bike even faster. They factored in real-world conditions, tested on actual courses, and again left the competition behind. For the all-new Speed Concept, Trek went back to the wind tunnel and dialed in the aerodynamics between 2.5 and 12.5 degrees of yaw, the most common average on Ironman courses (Trek know, because they measured them). They paid particular attention to the front end, paring it down to the cleanest, sleekest leading edge in the business.
- New, faster frame design - Trek's latest improvements make the fastest bike even faster: 30% less frontal cockpit area, unprecedented aero integration of cables, revolutionary Speed Fin, improved aerodynamics. All that, and Speed Concept is even lighter than before.
- KVF Tube Shape - The Kammtail Virtual Foil (KVF) tube shape is groundbreaking aero technology. Trek started with a super-slippery 5:1 airfoil, then cut off the tail at just the right length to trick the wind into thinking the full foil is still there, creating a super-aero virtual tail. Less drag at all crosswind angles and a lighter frame mean greater speed from the power you put to the pedals. Speed Concept conquers the wind, and the competition.
- Fast Build, easy Adjustement - Tri bikes are not known to be mechanic friendly. But Speed Concept changes that. It's faster to build, easier to adjust, simpler to pack for race travel. You're welcome.
- Carbon Integration - Every integrated piece, from carbon front derailleur mount to carbon dropouts to water bottle bosses, is molded into the frame, eliminating redundant material and reducing weight.
- Full-Foil Fork - Trek tested every shape possible, and found this 6:1 ratio is fastest where it matters most. This fork slices the wind from 2.5-12.5 degrees of yaw angle without stalling for unparalleled aerodynamic performance in real-world wind conditions.
- Integrated Handlebar - Bar is integrated into the frame for the sleekest, lowest-drag profile.
- Invisible Brakes - Speed Concept is the first bike with front and rear brakes built directly into the fuselage. This innovative setup results in less drag and cleaner lines-and easier adjustment.
- Integrated Speed Storage - Bontrager integrated Speed Storage products are so well fitted to the Speed Concept frame that you and your bike are actually more aerodynamic with them than without.
- Speed Fin - Trek's exclusive Speed Fin performs double duty: it's a powerful brake booster to enhance rear-wheel braking power, and it cheats the wind as an aero rear-wheel fairing.
- Electronic Drivetrain Optimization - Full internal routing with a proprietary seatpost battery mount allow for a perfect interface with the industry-leading drivetrain systems. No zip ties, no electrical tape, just the cleanest electronic drivetrain integration available on a tri bike.
- Performance Cable Routing - Trek's sleek, race-optimized cable routing system virtually eliminates friction for the crispest shifting in any conditions. Three years in the making, and well worth the wait.
- Bontrager Aero Skewers - Speed is in the details. Even the quick-release skewers on the Speed Concept increase its speed. We integrate them into the shape of the bike for faster aerodynamics.
- BB90 - Wider is better-and BB90 is the widest bottom bracket available on a road bike. This Trek-exclusive carbon BB makes the frame lighter, stiffer, and quicker to accelerate. BB90 eliminates the need for extra inserts and parts in the bottom bracket/frame junction. Fewer parts mean a lighter frame. And a lighter frame means a faster ride.
- DuoTap compatible - DuoTrap integrates the computer sensor into the frame to measure speed, distance, and cadence with no added aerodynamic drag. It works with all the major Bluetooth® and ANT+ wireless technology players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
- PROJECT ONE - This model participates in the Trek ProjectOne program, where the bike can be customized for an extra charge. Please contact our service team for more information.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of Trek SPEED CONCEPT Ultegra Triathlonbike - 2018 - matte/gloss trek black
|Product Name:||Trek SPEED CONCEPT Ultegra Triathlonbike - 2018 - matte/gloss trek black|
|Material:||500 Series OCLV Carbon|
|Weight:||approx. 8800 gram (manufacturer information for frame size M)|
|Frame:||Speed Concept | 500 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, BB90 w/Speed Fin, DuoTrap compatible, Draft Box II & Speed Box II compatible|
|Headset:||Integrated, sealed bearings|
|Fork:||Speed Concept | full foil carbon, integrated brake & stem|
|Stem:||Bontrager Speed Concept | Direct Mount|
|Bar:||Bontrager Speed Concept KVF aero bar | carbon, direct mount, UCI legal|
|Saddle:||Bontrager Hilo Comp | CrMo rails|
|Seatpost:||Bontrager Speed Concept Race Lite | Alloy, +/-20 mm offset|
|Wheels:||Bontrager Aeolus Comp Tubeless Ready|
|Brakes:||Bontrager Speed Limit integrated brakes | aero-lever Bontrager Race Lite|
|Crankset:||Shimano Ultegra Compact|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano Ultegra braze on|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano Ultegra|
|Shifter:||Shimano Dura-Ace bar end control|
|Sprocket:||Shimano Ultegra | 11-speed|
|Tires:||Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite | 700 x 25C|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|Trek SPEED CONCEPT Ultegra Triathlonbike - 2018 - matte/gloss trek black|
|Delivery approx. till Mar. 22nd 2018||Frame Size: S|
|Delivery approx. till Mar. 22nd 2018||Frame Size: M|
|Delivery approx. till Mar. 22nd 2018||Frame Size: L|
|Delivery approx. till Apr. 26th 2018||Frame Size: XL|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)