CUBE STEREO 160 C:62 SL - 27.5" Mountainbike - Size 20 - 2016 - carbon/orange
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO 160 C:62 SL - 27.5" Mountainbike - Size 20 - 2016 - carbon/orange
Light, accomplished and unbelievably versatile!
So light, so accomplished, so versatile. The completely new Stereo 160 C:62 SL blends CUBE's full carbon, 650B, 160 mm chassis with an exclusive package of components to create a bike that's all about putting the fun into the most challenging of trails. This is a bike that'll take on anything you throw at it... and put a smile on your face in the process.
With record-breaking low weight, the 2016 carbon frame is a technical masterpiece. But it doesn't just look good - it's also packed full of attention to detail. For starters, CUBE gave it a lower standover height and the option to run a shock with a piggyback reservoir. Then they added Di2 compatibility and the stiffness-boosting Boost148 hub system. Sturdy 7075 aluminium hardware reduces weight even more, and the Trail Rocker linkage is made from carbon. Agile Trail Geometry (ATG) gives the 27.5 a very lively ride feel in rough terrain, which combines with CUBE's Efficient Trail Control (ETC) suspension system to give a riding experience you won't believe.
Simply put, CUBE went all out with the Stereo C:62 SL. They picked the best suspension components to provide 160 mm of plush, well-controlled travel - a RockShox Pike RC fork up front and the new Fox Float DPS shock at the rear. SRAM's XO1 11-speed transmission gives clean, precise shifts in combination with a Race Face Turbine Cinch chainset and adjustable Direct Mount chainring. The easy modulation and superb power of the SRAM Guide R brakes make controlling your speed easy, while stiff and tubeless-ready DT Swiss CSW EM 2.7 wheels keep the bike tracking true through the roughest of turns. Grippy and fast-rolling Hans Dampf and Rock Razor tires combine with the RockShox Reverb dropper post to complete this high performance package.
- C:62 Carbon Fiber Technology - Frames that bear the C:62 logo, feature highly innovative developments from CUBE's HPC technology. Through ongoing optimization of the Advanced Twin Mold manufacturing process in which the overlaps of the layups were reduced, along with the development of carbon fiber technology, they created an extremely rigid lightweight frame with a 62% fiber content.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO 160 C:62 SL - 27.5" Mountainbike - Size 20 - 2016 - carbon/orange
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO 160 C:62 SL - 27.5" Mountainbike - Size 20 - 2016 - carbon/orange|
|Weight:||approx. 12,15 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||C:62 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ATG, ETC 4-Link, ISCG Mount, Boost148, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS, 200x57 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode, LV Air Canister|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t, Integrated, Top: 1 1/8", Bottom: 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||RockShox Pike RC Solo Air, 15x110 mm, Tapered, 160 mm|
|Stem:||Race Face Ride 35|
|Bar:||Race Face Ride 35 Riser, 760 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race Grip|
|Saddle:||SDG Circuit MTN|
|Seatpost:||RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6 mm, 430x150 mm|
|Crankset:||Race Face Turbine Cinch, 32T, 175 mm, Oversized Aluminum Axle, Boost|
|Bottom Bracket:||Press Fit BB|
|Rear Derailleur:||SRAM X01, Type 2.1, 11-speed|
|Shifter:||SRAM X01 Trigger|
|Sprocket:||SRAM XG-1180, 10-42T|
|Chain:||KMC X11 L|
|Brakes:||SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc brakes, 180/180 mm|
|Wheels:||DT CSW EM 2.7 Straightpull, 28/28 spokes, 15x110 mm / Boost 12x148 mm, 584x25C Tubeless-Ready|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Fat Albert, Kevlar, TrailStar, Tubeless Easy, 2.35
rear: Schwalbe Rock Razor Kevlar, PaceStar, Tubeless Easy, 2.35
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)