With its innovative, seamless, 3-D knit structure, Patagonia's Capilene® Air Bottoms offer amazing warmth and comfort range. An airy blend wicks moisture, resists odor and dries in a flash.
Capilene® Air is the most advanced baselayer Patagonia ever made. It has the greatest range of warmth and comfort of any of their baselayers, insulates even when wet, dries quickly, and resists odors for day after day use. Made from an airy blend, Capilene® Air feels light and soft on the skin and stretches naturally to move with the body in motion. Patagonia create the soft 18.5-micron-guage-yarns used in Capilene® Air with an innovative airblasting technology that dramatically increases the yarn’s loft while reducing weight compared to traditional wool yarn. Patagonia's seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points throughout the entire garment and nearly eliminates wasted material. The bottoms have a brushed, elastic waistband for next-to-skin softness, a double layered crotch for support and a gender-specific box-stitch texture to trap warmth and allow airflow.
Features of the Patagonia Men's Capilene Air Bottoms
- Fine merino wool from New Zealand blended with Capilene® recycled polyester for enhanced warmth balanced with improved wicking, durability and dry time
- 18.5-micron-gauge yarn; lofted wool innovation
- Fabric is soft against skin and stretches to move with the body
- Seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points through the entire garment and has almost no wasted material
- Elastic waistband is brushed for next-to-skin softness
- Double layer on front crotch for additional support
51% wool, 49% polyester