CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race - 29" Carbon Mountainbike - 2019 - blackline
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race - 29" Carbon Mountainbike - 2019 - blackline
Uncompromising Cross Country racer.
CUBE's top-flight cross-country race machine resets the bar for riders seeking the fastest, stiffest and lightest bike to help them achieve their goals. Building on the proven efficiency of CUBE's well established four bar suspension platform, their engineers designed the AMS 100 C:68 Race 29's chassis around their proprietary C:68 featherweight carbon technology for the ultimate combination of pace, comfort and performance. With superb Newmen cockpit components, a lightweight Fulcrum Red 55 wheelset and Shimano's peerless XT transmission and brakes, there's everything the aspiring podium-chaser needs to help realize their ambitions.
It's a good thing our engineers relish a challenge. The AMS 100's blend of low weight, ground-hugging suspension and supreme efficiency is a touch balancing act to get right. With CUBE's Advanced Twin Mold technology and C:68 carbon, we were able to create a cross-country frame that combines all those qualities with beautifully sleek good looks. Exceptional stiffness is given a helping hand with features like the tapered head tube and Boost 148 rear end, while the stealth appearance is complemented by Di2 compatability and concealed bolts and bearings. It's not just incredibly fast on the trail; it looks fast standing still.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- C:68 Carbon Fiber Technology - CUBE´s highly innovative new C:68 carbon fibre technology allows them to build better bikes than ever. Typically, carbon fibre frames are around 60% carbon fibre, with the rest being the resin that bonds the fibres together. By distributing carbon fibres evenly, they can make thinner layers within the frame and reduce the amount of resin. Those fibres are a mixture of Ultra High Modulus, High Modulus Spread Tow and Intermediate Modulus carbon, each chosen for the needs of the particular area of the frame. Nanoparticles within the resin itself allows it to be distributed more evenly when under pressure in the frame mold. The result is a range of frames with 68% carbon fibre lower weight, higher stiffness, more fun.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race - 29" Carbon Mountainbike - 2019 - blackline
|Product Name:||CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race - 29" Carbon Mountainbike - 2019 - blackline|
|Manufacturer item code:||252100|
|Weight:||approx. 11,50 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||C:68 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ARG, ERC, FSP 4-Link, Boost148, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS Remote EVOL, 165x38 mm, 2-Position Remote Lever|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t, integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 32 Float SC, 2-Position Remote Lever, Tapered, 15x110 mm, 100 mm|
|Stem:||Newmen Evolution 318.4, 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||Newmen Advanced 318.0, Carbon, 740 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race SL Grip 29.5, 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||Natural Fit Active Race|
|Seatpost:||Newmen Advanced, Carbon, 31.6 mm|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-M8000-B2, Boost, 36x26T, 175 mm (180 mm for largest frame size)|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT FD-M8020-D | Direct Mount, Side Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano XT CS-M8000 | 11-42T|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/160 mm|
|Wheels:||Fulcrum Red 55 | 28/28 Spokes, 15 mm Boost/X12 Boost, 23Cx622, tubeless ready|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Racing Ray, Addix Speedgrip, Kevlar, 2.25, LiteSkin
rear: Schwalbe Racing Ralph, Addix Speed, Kevlar, 2.25, LiteSkin
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|Selection: CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race - 29" Carbon Mountainbike - 2019 - blackline|
|Still 2 in stock||in stock, delivery time 2-3 weeks||Frame Size 16"|
|Still 2 in stock||in stock, delivery time 2-3 weeks||Frame Size 18"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)