From ripping fast gravel road riding to long-distance tours, ToughRoad SLR is all about big adventure on unpredictable terrain. Built on a superlight ALUXX SLR frame and fast-rolling 700c wheels, it has an agile chassis and tough, trail-worthy features. The D-Fuse seatpost adds compliance, and the bike is fitted with wide tires to smooth out rough terrain. Customized rear rack accommodate multiple bags for long trips, so you can extend the ride as far as your legs will take you.
- AluxX SLR Aluminium Frame - Giant's latest, most innovative aluminum frame technology is created with Giant's most advanced materials, forming methods and welding techniques. The result: ALUXX SLR delivers the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any Giant aluminum bike. Here are a few of the key technical features of this premium aluminum technology:
- Exclusively features 6011A alloy for unprecedented strength-toweight ratio
- State-of-the-art butting results in 20 percent thinner (and lighter) tubes than ALUXX SL
- Features extensive FluidForming (sophisticated manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure fluid) and some PressForming (basic manipulation of tubeset shaping via direct mechanical pressure)
- Features both Smooth (double-pass weld technique with hand-sanding to reduce stress risers) and Slim (custom-fit tube junctures to decrease weld material) welding techniques for minimal weight, maximum strength and the cleanest aesthetics
- D-Fuse Seatpost - The proprietary “D” shaped composite seatpost dampens vibration—resulting in a smooth, compliant ride.
- Powercore - A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.