Helmets have long been plagued by an unspoken rule: Light weight, ventilation, aerodynamics—pick two, there's your helmet.
Specialized not only took grams out of the drag, but they did it without sacrificing safety. In fact, they switched the construction to favour their Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS that optimizes the foam type in different places.
Specialized S-Works Evade II mit ANGi MIPS Merkmale:
- Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest road helmet Specialized has tested.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation.
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
- Integrated ANGI crash sensor.
- Magnetic buckle is simple and secure.
As far as ventilation is concerned, free-flowing air through the helmet not only makes the helmet cooler than ever, but it also decreases aerodynamic drag. Going hand-in-hand with this, ventilation and aerodynamics were both optimized in the Win Tunnel together, making for the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation out there. Now, the exterior vents and interior channels have been carefully considered to make sure that the helmet draws in the maximum amount of air through the helmet for extreme cooling. And the result? The new Evade is just as cool as a bare head with no helmet, making it the coolest aero helmet on the market today.
Through this work, the Evade saves 50 seconds over 40km versus a traditional road helmet and roughly six seconds over the prior iteration of Evade. This means that it's not only as cool as a bare head, but also as fast. For road race helmets, there’s nothing that can match this performance.
The ANGI Crash Sensor gives you and your loved ones peace of mind like never before—when combined with the Specialized iOS or Android app, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with the app and STRAVA® to provide GPS-based activity tracking.
Last, but most certainly not least, a fast helmet is useless unless it fits correctly. With this in mind, the new S-Works Evade has all the features you'd expect from a top-level helmet, like the Mindset HairPort 2 fit system with micro-adjustments, a soft webbing that won't stretch out, and a new Gutter Action brow pad that manages sweat to keep it out of your eyes. And to top it off, Specialized has added a new magnetic buckle to the mix that makes buckling with one hand a breeze.
Note: Please measure your head circumference to get the right helmet size.