Any trail, any time: GENIUS 730!
With the Genius 730/930, this phrase has never rung truer. With our TwinLoc Suspension System to always optimize your ride, a SRAM Eagle drivetrain and Syncros components, the 730/930 will get you up and down the mountain without breaking the bank.
Key Features of SCOTT GENIUS 730
- Carbon HMF aluminium frame
- SRAM NX Eagle drive
- SRAM DUB bottom bracket and crank
- FOX 34 Float Performance Air fork | 150 mm travel
- FOX NUDE T EVOL Trunnion damper | 150-100 mm travel
- Hydraulic Shimano disc brakes 203 mm front / 180 mm rear
- Syncros post and components
- internal cable routing
- Syncros Revelstoke 27.5" wheels - interchangable to 29"
- TwinLoc levers for fork and rear shock
Technologies of SCOTT GENIUS 730
The HMF carbon fiber
is used to maximize strength and to keep the weight low. This material has an optimal blend of stiffness and strength that offers the best riding pleasure. The know-how of SCOTT engineers is utilized in order to create the perfect lay-up with orientation and fiber size. HMF fiber will offer superior strength compared to the industry standard.
The Genius Trail Geometry
provides the perfect balance. In comparison to previous developments, the bike is flatter, has a longer reach, shorter chainstays and a steeper seat angle. The geometry compensates for the relatively long front and improves the running smoothness.
The Boost standard
improves the wheel stiffness and allows an increased tire clearance. The added clearance to the chainstay area allows a significant increasing of the chainstay cross-section, enhancing stiffness of the frame, while at the same time allowing short chain stays.
The Virtual 4-Link Design
combines balance and control. The pedalling and braking efficiency is improved and ensures that the suspension system can operate at maximum efficiency. The kinematic suspension curve compensates for small bumps, providing excellent traction, perfect mid-travel support and controlled deep travel for predictable compression and more comfort.
The Trunnion standard
provides metric damper size standards and improved mounting. The result is that the damper has more stroke at the same size. Trunnion also offers structural gains. Shorter dampers allow SCOTT to build very compact frames.
Thanks to the TwinLoc suspension system
the rider can effectively control the frame, fork and damper as a complete system. The additional control provides extra riding fun, especially downhill. TwinLoc allows a nuanced fine adjustment of the suspension. Furthermore, not only the compression damping can be changed, but also the spring characteristics to dynamically change the geometry of the bike.
The integrated Chain Guide
was developed in collaboration with the SCOTT SRAM MTB Racing Team. The idea behind was to create a reliable component that helps to avoid dropping chains. It weighs just about 23 grams and is easy to assemble thanks to the smart assembly system and can accommodate chain rings from 30 to 36 teeth.
27.5 inch Wheels
- When discussing the pros and cons of the big wheeled bikes, shorter riders find themselves in an ambivalent situation. They want to benefit from the 29” wheels, but suffer from the negative effects when fit is considered. Additionally, the increase in rotational weight challenges many lower watt producing riders, so the performance gains are negated when the rider cannot accelerate the wheel system as quickly. The solution for many riders is 27.5”.
If required, this model can be converted from 27.5" to 29" wheels. You don't have to change the fork, all you have to do is make a small adjustment to the damper, change your wheels and off you go. The damper adjustment ensures a similar bottom bracket height when changing wheels, so the handling remains almost identical for both wheel sizes.