Otaki climbing shoe for women by La Sportiva
Performance climbing shoe, precise, supportive and structured: ideal for climbing on crags, walls and boulders.
Otaki in Japanese Samurai slang is the oldest single wire sword: extremely sharp and precise also on small targets. A concept perfectly applicable to climbing: Otaki is a precise, supportive and structured climbing shoe, ideal for climbing in crags, on walls and boulders thanks to features that meet the requirements of today’s modern climbers. The new construction method combines the advantages of the all round snug fit of a slipper to the precision and volume regulation of a hook-and-loop closure shoe. This solution guarantees maximum sensitivity and precision even in torsion: the shoe perfectly follows the movements of the climber eliminating empty volumes and rigid zones. The Innovative S-Heel™ allows to maintain perfect torsion stability accentuating performance and adaptability in heel hooks when bouldering.
Features of the climbing shoe
- The new construction concept combines the advantages of the snug fitting slipper to the precision and volume control of a hook-and-loop closure shoe
- Maximum sensitivity and precision also in torsion: the shoe perfectly follows the movements of the foot and avoids empty volumes and rigid points
- The P3 System and the construction of the sole allow for accentuated lift on small cracks and notches
- Heel shell with innovative S-Heel ™: maintains perfect stability in torsion accentuating the performance and adaptability in the heel hooking
- Upper: Microfibre and suede leather, slip lasted
- Lining: Pacific front
- Fit: Medium
- Midsole: 1,1 mm LaSpoFlex + P3 System
- Sole: Vibram XS Grip2 4 mm
- Patents: P3 System (Permanente Power Platform)
- Weight: 470 g (pair, size 39)
Shoes designed for “normal” feet with a neutral instep, neither narrow nor wide. These shoes are ideal both for narrow and wide feet.
Innovative patent S-Heel™ heel: allows perfect stability in torsion enhancing performance and flexibility for heel blocks.
Vibram XS Grip 2
The natural evolution of the lead and bouldering world championship-winning compound, XS Grip 2 improves upon the superior grip characteristics of XS Grip and delivers outstanding precision of support, shape stability. Suggested use: in climbing conditions where pure friction is the primary need. Disciplines: bouldering and lead climbing, indoor and outdoor climbing, extremely. Exceptional grip in every condition.
Products conceived to take climbing to a new level of performance on all types of rock surface; from bouldering to longer mountaineering routes; from flat, vertical walls to overhangs.
P3 - Permanent Power Platform
This patented construction system leaves the arched shape of the climbing shoe unaltered, without compromising original performance and push-power, even after years of hard use.