Choose the longer route. Climb higher mountains. This smooth-riding endurance road bike is purpose-built to help you tackle long-distance road rides on all types of roads.
Handcrafted with Advanced-grade composite material, the Defy Advanced is engineered with tube shapes that are optimized to absorb road shocks and vibrations. Even with its smooth ride quality, it still delivers a lightweight, stiff and lively feel when you’re climbing, accelerating and cornering. It’s made with a specific carbon layup to give it an efficient, high-performance ride quality that helps you push new limits of endurance. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system also help reduce road vibrations, adding to its smooth, compliant feel on the road. A tubeless Giant WheelSystem and tires boost speed and efficiency with a reduced risk of flats. And for added control, it features integrated disc brakes with flat-mount disc brake tabs and 12mm thru-axles.
- Advanced Composite Frame - High-performance T-700 raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in Giant’s own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the monocoque construction.
- D-Fuse Seatpost - The proprietary “D” shaped composite seatpost dampens vibration—resulting in a smooth, compliant ride.
- Compact Road Design - In 1997, when riders on the legendary Spanish pro team ONCE rolled up to the start of a race on a compact geometry Giant bike, the competition didn’t quite know what to think. For decades before that moment, the design and geometry of road bikes had remained essentially the same. Giant’s new approach was a radical departure, and they called it Compact Road design.
The concept is simple: A toptube that slopes downward from the headtube to the seattube reduces the size of the front and rear triangles. Smaller triangles create a lighter, stiffer bike.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- Tubeless System - Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.