Explore an unknown corner of your map. Climb that summit you see in the distance. With disc brakes and smooth-riding, high-volume tubeless tires, this new road machine encourages you to elevate your road riding adventures.
Designed and developed for aspiring riders looking to elevate their road riding abilities, Contend AR combines a smooth, responsive ride quality with an ability to handle adventurous new routes. Its disc-brake integration and generous tire clearance (up to 38c) put you in control, even on rough roads. Its D-Fuse composite seatpost dampens road vibrations, giving you a smoother, more enjoyable ride experience and minimizing fatigue. This is a true all-rounder for those road riders who have a thirst for adventure.
- ALUXX SL Aluminium Frame - State-of-the-art aluminum frameset material features best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios and unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
- D-Fuse Seatpost - The proprietary “D” shaped composite seatpost dampens vibration—resulting in a smooth, compliant ride.
- Compact Road Design - Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- Tubeless system - Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.