Touring helmet with MIPS
The ALPINA DELFT MIPS is a touring bike helmet with extra protection against brain injuries that can be caused by rotational forces in a lateral impact.
Features of the Delft MIPS
- Inmold Tec: Inmold helmets are made by fusing the inner shell underneath the outer shell at high pressure. The two shells are bonded, making Inmold helmets extremely stable and very light.
- Hi-EPS: All Inmold helmets have inner shells made of Hi-EPS (highly expanded polystyrene). This material consists of many microscopically small air chambers which effectively absorb the forces caused by an impact. In addition, Hi-EPS does not absorb water or sweat.
- Ceramic Shell: This is the outer shell of all Alpina helmets manufactured using the Inmold process. This lightweight material is extremely impact- and scratch-resistant, it contains UV stabilisers and is anti-static.
- Edge Protect: It is applied to the bottom edges of the helmet using Inmold technology, greatly enhancing safety in the event of a side impact and providing protection against damage in everyday use.
- MIPS: MIPS provides extra protection against brain injuries that can be caused by rotational movements in an impact.
- Run System Ergo Flex MIPS: The combination of Run System ERGO FLEX and MIPS offers many advantages: perfect adjustment including height adjustment, comfort and safety.
- Ergomatic: Ergomatic is a non-twist adjustment mechanism with several settings selectable one-handed. It cannot come open in case of a crash.
- Custom Fit System: The angle of the neck support can be adjusted produce a perfect fit at the rear of the head.
- Y-Clip: The Y-Clip connects the front and rear straps beneath the ear. Fine adjustments are quick and extremely easy to make.
- Fly Net: For protection against insect bites the front vents of some models are fitted with a mesh lining.
- Shield Protect: The detachable shield provides protection against dirt splash as well as direct sunlight.
- Antibacterial Interior: Pads are made of a special material to reduce the build-up of bacteria and prevent odour caused by sweat.
The combination of Run System Ergo Flex and MIPS offers many advantages. The height-adjustable system allows the bike helmet to be adjusted in height, it is comfortable and with MIPS, provides extra safety in a lateral impact.
Thanks to the Hi-EPS and inmold construction, the ALPINA DELFT MIPS is very lightweight while also providing protection in the event of an impact.
The dynamically designed helmet not only creates a light and modern look, but also ensures that the head is well ventilated. This provides a cool head, maximum comfort and tons of fun on long bike rides.