The Werksteam edition of the race-proven RS bib shorts S9 by ASSOS returns with the externally mounted rollBars for extra stability and the Butterfly design for secure, even muscle support.
Countless hours on the saddle, extremely obsessed with details: whether it's where Assos place seams and how, or which textiles respond best to the body's temperature fluctuations, nothing escapes the Werksteam of ASSOS. These select riders bring lab concepts to life and then drive the optimization of the final product even further. This is also the case with the factory team bib shorts, specially designed for performance-oriented riders and year-round racers who don't compromise on fit, functionality or looks.
The shorts rely on the A-Lock Engineering to stabilize the shorts and pad while you pedal. Assos uses only two pieces of fabric: the larger of which is the Butterfly, which wraps completely around your legs and forms the ergoBox. This structure keeps the pad in place and, in combination with the Type.441 material, you enjoy maximum comfort and a tight fit on your legs. Assos then incorporated the unique rollBars, which Assos based on the stabilizer of a race car: The straps act as a stabilizer for the pad as you shift your weight on the saddle. Each strap is sewn directly into the hem above the pad to ensure it's always under tension.
The heart of the shorts, the pad features an overall smaller surface area to save weight and is made from superAir microShock foam and patented 3D waffle. The seamless goldenGate also comes back into use to donate smooth comfort while riding. At the same time, the air holes of the kraterCooler increase the air exchange on the front. This is topped off with the new white rollBars, reflective and color coordinated logos on the thigh and new super lightweight Leg Grippers.
Features of the Summer bib shorts S9 by Assos
- A-Lock Engineering: The S9 racingFit system combines new materials and manufacturing processes for increased stabilization of the shorts to keep the padding in place.
- Butterfly Pattern: The largest section of fabric hugs the lower back as well as the legs and converges at the back. The low number of seams promises more consistent support, less weight as well as improved comfort.
- Type.441: A patented 40 gauge circular knit fabric specifically designed for compressive support and silky soft comfort. 200 g/m2, moisture wicking (idroFil fastDry), extra durable and with USF 50+, iceColor as well as odorControl.
- rollBars: Assos' unique, patented design inspired by the stabilizer of a race car: The straps act as a stabilizer for use while you shift your weight from left to right in the turns.
- ergoBox: A square pattern that effectively frames the padding at the back for added stability.
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of elastic material folded over to create a supportive A-shaped frame that gives limited vertical stretch at the back. A more flexible material made from an antibacterial carbon fabric has been used over the "X" intersection. It wicks away moisture and lays flat at the front.
- zeroWaist: A hemless finished edge with sealed seams, making it arguably the smoothest transition between body and material panel. More comfort, less feeling of pressure.
- ultraLight Leg Grippers: A light silicone coating ensures that the shorts do not slip, without cutting in.
- mod.Dep S9 Basalt: Antibacterial top layer of microfibres in a grey colouring from 3D-Basalt.
- superAir microShock Foam layer: A lightweight open-cell foam with a shock-absorbing structure that always retains its original shape, filling in the gaps every time your riding position changes due to weight shift in the saddle.
- 3D waffle: A patented three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and has no excess weight.
- Space saving : The surface area of the pad has been reduced compared to its predecessor EQUIPE Evo to save excess weight.
- goldenGate: A patented process technique that interrupts the seams along the side parts of the pad, allowing increased three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive area that is always in motion.
- kraterCooler: A system of small holes in the front of the pad that promote air exchange, cooling your sensitive body parts.
80% polyamide, 20% elastane