The Quarq RED power meter is a lighter, more accurate power meter completely integrated with the philosophy and performance of SRAM RED.
The RED power meter features Power Balance™ and OmniCalTM and comes equipped with SRAM's X-GlideR chainrings. Integrated electronics minimize interconnections and reduce exposure to the elements, bringing unmatched durability and reliability.
Installation and operation is a breeze with the LED that signals power on and set zero, clearly visible ANT+™ ID and tool-less, user-replaceable CR2032 battery.
Paired with SRAM's RED-2012 groupset, the RED power meter gives you the professional's tool set; everything you need to win at any event anywhere in the world.
- ANT+™ ID is clearly visible to aid pairing
- LED indicator signals power on and set zero
- Replaceable battery is a cycling industry standard CR2032
- Power Balance™: Uses crankset torque to display the ratio of power generated in the right drive stroke (first half) versus the left drive stroke (second half) for each crank revolution
- OmniCal™: Power measurement is independent from chainring selection. Swap chainrings without impacting accuracy.
New SRAM RED represents the pinnacle of Road racing technology and delivers countless Performance Advantages to the Professional and Enthusiast alike.
For 2012, the new SRAM RED continues in the SRAM tradition as the leader in light weight, flawless shifting, aerodynamics, and ergonomic advantage with aesthetic styling. How did SRAM improve on the world's best mechanical group? SRAM started with everything they knew, and then designed a brand new drivetrain from scratch. Each part was engineered with the twin goals of eliminating the superfluous while focusing on an overall synergy that translates into unmatched performance. Elegant and simple, SRAM RED perfects the riding experience through genuine innovation.
Innovation often comes from places you'd least expect. In order to make a lighter crankset, SRAM made it bigger. To add stiffness, they used less material.
The new RED Crankset is completely hollow thanks Exogram Technology
all the way to the spider. Its hidden bolt pattern makes better use of carbon fiber to further improve stiffness and shed weight.
The X-GlideR Chainrings
are designed for an optimized shifting performance with the Yaw front derailleur. The stiffer rings (5mm 7075-T6 aluminum CNC-machined) feature upshift rivets with an advanced design adopted from SRAM XX. CNC machining allows for precision control of each tooth shape, ramp, and nearly every shifting feature of the chainring. Chainrings, chain, and front derailleur are designed as a single integrated system for optimized performance.
- Exogram technology uses a large, hollow cross section all the way to the spider, minimizing weight while maximizing stiffness. Our stiffest crank ever.
- Hidden bolt pattern leverages the characteristics of carbon fiber while presenting a sleek appearance.
- Stiffer X Glide R chainrings feature thicker construction, advanced shift timing pins and ramps,. which are optimized for shifting with the YAW Front Derailleur
- Stunning two-tone finish
The crank is only compatible with SRAM Red Yaw™ Front Derailleur.