Fast as Lightning!
The 72 AERO clincher carbon wheelset at just 1675 grams per set puts lightning on your bicycle. On a rolling triathlon course, wide open criterium or circuit course, the deeper rim picks up speed quickly, builds momentum, maintains speed and motors the rider forward. The 72 AERO with its deeper profile handles well in windy conditions and tight turns. The aerodynamic benefits of DET™ require fewer watts to go faster and inspire confidence in technical criterium courses, winding roads and descents that dreams are made of. DET™ Technology ensures that the wind becomes a competitive advantage on the 72, and the A2 Wind Tunnel confirms it. Sophisticated computer modeling enables Reynolds engineers to create wheels that generate faster response with each power stroke, more efficient acceleration, greater lateral stiffness and control, and a more comfortable, less fatiguing ride.
The 26.2 mm wide x 72 mm tall rim section minimizes airflow separation off the tire, while the DET design ensures a termination of the airflow dispersion.
This wheelset features the following techniques:
- Dispersive Effect Termination Design. AERO wheels with DET™ require less watts to move forward delivering an aerodynamic advantage. DET™ paired with AERO’s wider 26.2 mm rim bed results in a wheel that has an incredibly stable ride that steers with ease, is more predictable in crosswinds, has increased lateral stiffness, and a ride quality that will encourage speed. Reynolds DET wheels remain in the sweet spot 32% longer than the competition.
- This Copetive Rim 6 Design identifies six unique areas of the rim
and assigns a specific carbon fiber and epoxy formula to each.
- Hybrid Modulus Laminate. It is a precise method of assigning
different carbon fiber and lay-ups to each region of the rim.
- Variable Resin Chemistry. It is the application of a specific chemical
formula of resin, optimally corresponding to different laminates within the rim.
- Inert Gas Compaction. It is the use of inert gas compound to mold and
cure rims. IGC ensures a more durable rim, born from ideal manufacturing conditions.
- Cryogenic Glass Transition. It refers to a patented braking system developed
by Reynolds. The system is comprised of two components: Reynolds' proprietary
Cryo-Blue urethane polymer brake pads and hybrid carbon-fiber-and-resin laminates in the brake track. The integrated CTg system effectively minimizes heat build-up from pad-to-rim friction and
dissipates heat away from the brake track providing smoother, more predictable braking that delivers the best possible stopping performance.
With CTg, braking temperatures are 100 F (38°C) cooler than with other technologies.
- Brake Wear Indicator. It is a 10 mm wide red line that Reynolds embeds into the brake track. The indicator, centered over the valve hole on both sides of
the rim, becomes visible when excessive wear has occurred to indicate that the wheel needs replacing. Reynolds is the only carbon wheel to offer this feature, and a patent is pending for its design.
You can also get the RAP
warranty for this wheelset which stands for "Reynolds Assurance Program". Further informations: RAP