Run at a higher level
Improve your pace, increase your power and top your best time - with this lightweight GPS running watch, you'll achieve each of your new goals. With physiological metrics like HRV status, Running Power and VO2max, you'll simply train more efficiently. With the Garmin Coach, individual training plans and more, you'll be well prepared for your next run or triathlon. And your new GPS running watch also makes everyday life easier - thanks to smart features like Garmin Pay and Smart Notifications.
Forerunner 255S with silicone interchangeable wristband 18 mm (for wrist circumference 110 - 175 mm).
Highlights of the Garmin Forerunner 255S
- Get an overview of your sleep, HRV status and daily workout with morning report.
- Charge less, train more with up to 14 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 30 hours in GPS mode.
- Push your limits with a built-in triathlon feature and 30+ activity profiles.
- Plan your strategy with daily suggested workouts, course details and more on the race widget.
- Utilize a full suite of advanced metrics and training tools to reach your goals.
- Pay for your post-workout coffee with Garmin Pay™ contactless payments.
Details of the Garmin Forerunner 255S
- Ready for the long run - Get an uninterrupted picture of your daily health and nightly sleep with up to 14 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 30 hours in GPS mode.
- (Almost) as light as a feather - With its sleek design and 39g weight, you'll almost forget you're wearing Forerunner® 255 — even when you're asleep.
- Sweat-ready materials - User-friendly buttons, a silicone strap, and durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 - this smartwatch is made with all the right stuff.
- Morning Report - Receive an overview of your sleep, recovery and training outlook as soon as you wake up — alongside HRV status and weather. You can even customize your report to show you what you want to see.
- HRV status - Gain a deeper understanding of your overall health, recovery and training performance through heart rate variability while you sleep, based on technology developed by our Firstbeat Analytics™ team.
- Built-in sports apps - Tap into 30+ built-in activities, including the triathlon and open-water swimming profiles — new to the Forerunner 255 series. For races and brick workouts, transition to the next activity with a single button press.
- Race Widget - Get ready for your next race with training tips, personalized daily suggested workouts and completion time predictions based on course details, weather and performance.
- Daily suggested workouts - View your entire week of daily suggested workouts, which adapt after every run to match your performance and recovery as well as the races coming up in your Garmin Connect™ smartphone app calendar.
- Garmin Coach - Free adaptive training plans include 5K, 10K and half-marathon programs, featuring guidance from expert coaches that adapt to you and your goals.
- Running Power - When using a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro™ monitor, get a continuous measurement on your wrist of how much power you’re applying to the road as you run, so you can manage your effort.
- Recovery Time - Know how long to recover before your next high-effort workout based on your latest training as well as overall stress, sleep and daily activities outside of workouts.
- PacePro™ Feature - To help you plan your race day strategy, this feature offers GPS-based pace guidance for a selected course or distance, so you can tailor your efforts to what’s ahead.
- Training Status - Using new indicators such as HRV status, your recent exercise history and performance, get an easy insight into your overall effort — and whether you’re training productively, peaking or strained.
- Acute Load - See your training history, and compare the intensity of your recent workouts to the optimal range to help improve your fitness.
- Training Effect - See how your workouts influence your endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic training effect feedback.
- Performance Condition - While you run, get an analysis of your pace and heart rate for a real-time assessment of your current ability to perform.
- Running Dynamics - When using a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro monitor, the Forerunner 255 watch measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, and more — while comparing to others in the Garmin Connect app.
- Courses - Create or find existing courses in the Garmin Connect app, so you’ll never run out of places to run. Or plan one on other platforms such as Strava and Komoot, then automatically sync them to your Forerunner.
- Visual Run Predictor - Based on your running history and overall fitness level, get an estimate of what your pace could be for a 5K, 10K — or even a marathon. Plus, trend data highlights your training’s impact over time.
- Cross-Training - Mix up your training with different types of workouts. Free HIIT, strength, cardio, yoga and Pilates workouts come preloaded on the watch, and you can download more from the Garmin Connect app.
- Wrist-based heart rate - The watch constantly samples your heart rate with the latest-generation heart rate sensor and will alert you if it stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. It also helps gauge how hard you work during activities — even while swimming.
- Body Battery™ Energy Monitoring - Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
- Improved Sleep Monitoring and Sleep Score - Understand how your body is recovering — and get ready for training — with our improved sleep monitoring feature. After waking up, you’ll receive a sleep score, as well as breakdown of your sleep stages, Pulse Ox and respiration, alongside detailed insights for improved sleep quality.
- PulseOx Sensor - This wrist-based Pulse Ox sensor monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
- Women´s Health Tracking - Use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more. Even see and log details on your wrist with the Women’s Health Tracking app.
- Intensity Minutes - The intensity minutes feature tells you when during the day you earned them and during what activity.
- Stress tracking - Find out if you’re having a calm, balanced or stressful day. Relax reminders will even prompt you to do a short breathing activity when the watch detects that you’re feeling stressed.
- Health Snapshot™ feature - Log a 2-minute session to record key stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress. Then generate a report with those stats to share via the Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone.
- Multi-band GNSS support - Access multiple global navigation satellite systems, and get access to multiple frequencies sent by navigation satellites for improved accuracy in areas where GNSS signals are reflected, weak or typically don't penetrate — giving you superior accuracy for how far and how fast you’ve run — even in challenging environments.
- Garmin Pay Contactless Payments - Breeze through checkout lines with Garmin Pay contactless payments through participating providers.
- Smart Notifications - Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your Apple® or Android™ smartphone. You can even respond to texts if you have an Android phone.
- Safety and Tracking Features - If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, the Assistance and incident detection features send your location to emergency contacts. Incident detection is enabled by default for select activity profiles only.
- LiveTrack feature - Use LiveTrack to let friends and family follow your real-time location and even view your entire preplanned course. Rest assured that your loved ones know exactly where you’re running.
- Garmin Connect app - See your health and fitness information, connect and compete with friends, sign up for challenges to earn badges and more — all in one free, zero-subscription app.
- Connect IQ™ store - Download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ Store app downloaded on your compatible smartphone.
Scope of delivery:
- Forerunner 255S with silicone interchangeable 18 mm wristband.
- Charging/data cable
- Quick start guide