Warbird is Salsa's gravel race bike, built off years of experience racing in some of the nation’s premier gravel events like the Almanzo 100, Dirty Kanza 200 and 340-mile Trans Iowa. Warbird is designed to survive and thrive on anything from the often-hazardous B-roads that make up much of the Midwest gravel scene to the fire roads that climb to the heavens on the coastlines. Riding a Warbird only improves your chances of a podium finish.
Features of the Salsa WARBIRD Carbon GRX 600 Gravel Bike
- Warbird Geometry - As the demands of gravel racing grew in scope, so too did the need for a re-examination of what was and wasn’t working with the bicycles riders were using at the time. The result was the first modern gravel-racing-specific bike. Warbird places the rider in a position that can be maintained for hours on end over bumpy B-roads and shifting surfaces, drastically reducing fatigue. A low bottom bracket and a stable wheelbase help keep tires planted without robbing speed.
- Interior Junction Control Molding Technology - Salsa use interior molds at all the main front triangle junctions during layup and curing. This allows for precise control of wall thickness and inner wall smoothness in these areas. This process increases compaction and reduces voids and wrinkles in critical high stress zones. The end result is a top quality carbon frame that delivers consistent high performance.
- Class 5 VRS - The Class 5 Vibration Reduction System has specially shaped seatstays with a tall, thin, vertically oriented profile that promotes vertical compliance by allowing the seatstays to "flex" outwards on impacts. The horizontally oriented chainstays work to resist torque and maintain a laterally stiff rear end. The seatstays and chainstays lack bridges, furthering the full length of the stays to contribute to flexibility. And a rear thru-axle delivers precise tracking while allowing the seatstays to provide that incredible compliance.
- Internal Cable Routing - Internal cable routing through the downtube, then along the chainstays. Brake routing is external along the downtube and chainstay for easy maintenance. Can be run internally with 1x setups. Frames can be run with full housing internally, cables only, or Di2 routing. Front derailleur cover plate exists to keep frame looking stellar with 1x setups.
- Full-Length Cable Housing - Improved performance in poor conditions. Drivetrain cable housing is run through the downtube for clean routing and to keep shifting protected. Brake routing is external for easy maintenance; can be run internally with 1x setups.
- Massive Tire & Mud Clearance - The Warbird can fit up to 45mm tires, 38mm with fenders, and still have plenty of room to keep you moving on a muddy B-Road.
- Hidden Fender Mounts - The option for protection from the elements is there when you need it, but the attachment points are tucked away to maintain the pure race bike look.
- Triple Water Bottle Capacity - Each size can carry up to 3 water bottles on the frame.
- Waxwing Carbon Fork - This full carbon fork features a 12x100mm thru axle for precise tracking and a number of accessory features, such as the three-pack mounts accept either water bottle cages or anything cages.