SHIMANO is well known for their high quality hydraulic disc brakes in mountain biking. After intensive testing SHIMANO launched today a future direction in road braking: hydraulic disc brakes for on road usage with electronic Di2 shifting. The BR-R785 hydraulic disc brakes maintain high consistent braking performance regardless the weather conditions through innovative heat management and brake power that can be tuned to riding conditions, terrain, riders’ size and abilities.
The advantages of Di2 (Digital Integrated Intelligence)
are clear for everybody who has tested it: changing gears becomes easier, effortless and faster by simply touching the shift buttons. Control at the top of your fingers. Additional benefits include an automatic trimming front derailleur, unmatched precision plus super easy installation and adjustment. This allows automatic chain guide movement in response to the gear position of the rear derailleur. There is no more need for concentration on trimming when riding.
Dual control lever ST-R785
Despite the integration of a mineral oil reservoir in the lever SHIMANO’s engineers were able to develop a compact Di2 dual control lever (ST-R785) to create a comfortable and natural hand position for all day riding comfort. When descending with rim brakes riders use much power and energy to stop for a turn or even a hairpin. Hydraulic disc brakes have more stopping power and allow riders to brake more efficiently with less energy.
- Comfortable and natural hand position for all day riding comfort
- More stopping power, with less effort, especially from the hood position - High braking power ideal for cyclocross and on-road riding
- Fits a wide variety of hand sizes from the hood position - Electronic shifting function based shift / brake lever allows for more compact, more ergonomic hood and lever design
- Reservoir tank provides pad clearance auto-adjust to maintain consistent pad clearance
- Both lever reach adjust and free stroke adjust possible
In order to ensure proper functioning of the electronic Di2 drive system, all components require the same firmware version. The optional diagnostic device allows for reading out or updating the firmware version. An operation of components with different firmware versions may cause a malfunction or loss of function.
The Ultegra Di2 products are not compatible with Dura Ace Di2.