The Kinetic inRide is Kinetic's next-generation watt meter. The system uses the Bluetooth Smart™ communication protocol found in the iPhone 4S and 5 and the iPad 3 and iPod Touch 5th generation to wirelessly pair a heart rate monitor and power sensor pod with the Kinetic inRide App to measure wattage with any Kinetic fluid trainer. There is no need of additional dongles.
HOW IT WORKS
The incredibly accurate fluid trainer power curve allows precise wattage readings at exact speeds. The firmware of the inRide Sensor Pod measures speed and cadence and convert it to wattage with a simple equation. Wattage, speed, cadence, distance and the heart rate data are collected and displayed on the paired Apple iDevice. Five different data screens allow you to focus your training on wattage or heart rate. Furthermore it is possible to personalize power and heart rate zone info based on the rider lactate threshold or maximum heart rate.
Postworkout file sharing allows you to upload training data to your favorite web site or email files to a remote coach.
All current Kinetic fluid trainers and the Pro Trainer are compatible with Kinetic inRide, allowing the rider to benefit of a wattage-based training program.
Easy installation! Just mount the sensor to back of resistance unit, insert plug and magnet into hole of the roller and download the Kinetic inRide app
from the Apple Appstore. Configure your rider data and get rolling!
- Kinetic inRide sensors transmit power, cadence, speed, distance and heart rate
- Power data: TSS, nPower, iFactor, mean maximal power and time-in-power zones
- auto-calculated wattage and HR zones: current, average, and max heart rate and total time spent in each training zone during workout
- calorie burn tracks energy expenditure (depending on age, weight and height)
- auto coast-down calibration accurately sets wattage for varying tire pressure and trainer roller tension
- tracks lap splits
- ride history logs results from entire workout, organized by date in the history tab
- data can be saved as .pwx, .tcx, .csv, .gpx, or.wf files for upload and analysis anywhere
- audio announcements for: distance, time, pace, calories burned, heart rate zone and more at regular distance or time intervals for motivated workouts
- music-player control screen