The CE certified DBX 5.5 neck brace balances the needs of comfort, effectiveness and safety by allowing greater freedom of movement and adjustment.
The front and rear sliding SureFit adjusters can be set for your personal body shape, without tools, in less than 30 seconds. The brace can also be readjusted as necessary for growing kids or when worn with different apparel. A simple pop off shoulder pad that can raise or lower your brace to suit your neck length or helmet rim profiles. The DBX 5.5 has lowered side areas, below the ear, that increases comfort and wearability. Due to a simple elastomeric bumper, the improved CoreFlex rear thoracic strut can be adjusted to 4 setting angles. CoreFlex rear thoracic strut is very comfortable and has the engineered fracture point at the top that allows it to break away in certain severe impacts. If broken this strut can be purchased as a replacement part and easily changed out.
Both the front and the back feature has the split design that promotes broader dissipation of energy transmitted to the body and have molded padding for great comfort. The semi-rigid chassis is flexible and adjustable enough to fit most riders’ body shape while the structure remains rigid enough to help transmit energy during an impact while multiple engineered fracture points and crumple zones will bend or break away at pre-determined stress levels to help contribute to a riders’ safety. All the surfaces that ride against your body is lined with soft injected foam padding and this protective padding is on the brace edges facing inwards towards the soft tissues of the neck. It is durable and easy to clean and designed to accommodate custom sticker kits.
- chassis design made of fiberglass reinforced polyamide
- helmet rim striking platform for increased head and
helmet freedom of motion
- adjustable in less than 30 seconds - without tools
- adjustable over the shoulder height for different neck lengths and helmet rim profiles
- CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is comfortable and works with the body’s natural movements
- low profile open / close system incorporating a spring loaded push-button
- easy to use emergency release mechanism for injured riders
- engineered collarbone cutout keeps helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
- foam padding on upper surface is durable and easy to clean
- air flow ribs in the padding ensure optimum ventilation
- clear chest strap included
- CE certified
The Leatt® Brace DBX 5.5 Jr is not suitable for motorcycling!
Edition for junior riders, unisize
(about 74 - 82cm). Optionally the DBX 5.5.is available for adults too.