Prior to NipGuards®, endurance athletes would commonly experience nipple chafing on extended workouts as a result from dried sweat and body salts acting like sandpaper between the chest and shirt (or wetsuit). Prior to NipGuards®, a variety of make-shift solutions proved mostly ineffective. Bandages or tape that adhered to the chest would repeatedly fall off due to sweat or chest hair ruining the adhesive. Messy petroleum-based jelly would rub off and need to be reapplied throughout the workout, only to rub off again… and would also stain shirts.
NipGuards® were designed and patented (by marathon runners) as a foolproof solution to prevent nipple chafing and abrasion without the need for reapplication during a workout and without staining shirts. NipGuards® are effective over any distance and in all weather conditions. In fact, NipGuards® are 100% guaranteed to work in the most grueling tests of human endurance and in the most extreme weather conditions. Whether it’s a simple training run or competing in a 100-mile ultra marathon or a full triathlon, NipGuards® are a proven and effective way to prevent unnecessary nipple chafing and abrasion.
NipGuards® use a safe, medical adhesive that is applied directly to the base of the nipple and not the chest – so sweat does not affect the adhesive – and chest hair just needs to be pushed away. NipGuards® are waterproof and are effective in the rain. Triathletes also wear NipGuards® underneath wetsuits and keep them on the entire race. The hollow center of each NipGuard® allows the tip of the nipple to remain protected without having an irritating adhesive plastered on the most sensitive part of the nipple.
NOTE: NipGuards® work best when applied to a clean, dry nipple. Please apply NipGuards before beginning your workout or warming up. If your skin is naturally oily, it may be necessary to wash your nipples with soap and water or an alcohol swab prior to use to allow the medical adhesive to properly set!
- 1. Gently remove NipGuard by bending the clear backing or scraping fingernail underneath NipGuard to release the adhesive. Do NOT pull on foam portion of NipGuard as it may tear.
- 2. Push chest hair (if any) away from nipple and adhere NipGuard directly on nipple, placing the adhesive on the base of the nipple. The tip of the nipple will fit inside the hollow center.
- 3. Press down on NipGuard with the palm of your hand for 5 seconds to let the adhesive properly set.
- 4. Repeat with second NipGuard.
- 5. Be careful when putting on shirt over NipGuard If you are wearing a race bib, be sure pins will not rub against NipGuards.
When applied properly, NipGuards will not fall off until you decide to remove them. When you are done with your workout, gently peel NipGuards off and discard. NipGuards are designed for a single use.
Delivery content: One package with 10 pair of plasters.