Rugged, Full-featured Handheld with GPS, GLONASS, Advanced Sensor and Wireless Connectivity. Including basemap worldwide and Topo Map TransAlpine V4 PRO microSD.
The GPSMAP® 64s handheld navigator features a 2.6" sunlight-readable screen and a high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver with a quad helix antenna for superior reception. The rugged and waterproof GPSMAP 64s comes with a barometric altimeter and a 3-axis compass. It wirelessly connects to your smartphone to allow Live Tracking and Smart Notification.
Keep Your Fix
With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver, GPSMAP 64s locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its location even in thick forest and deep valleys. The advantage is clear - whether you're under heavy tree cover or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 64s to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Get Your Bearings
GPSMAP 64s has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you're standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your altitude and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Share your great outdoor experience live, just connect your GPSMap 64s to your smartphone and share your position through Live Tracking and Garmin Connect with family and friends. Smart Notification allows you to wirelessly receive email, texts and alerts from your compatible iPhone® 4s or later. Stay fully connected while you keep your precious iPhone stored safely in your backpack.
Rely on the Outdoor Pro
GPSMAP 64s is a truly outdoor optimised GPS Handheld, every feature of this device is designed to operate reliably in the most harsh and challenging environments. To guarantee great readability under any condition GPSMAP 64s has a brilliant 2,6'' sunlight-readable colour screen and is easy to operate with any kind of gloves even in a shaky, cold or wet environment because it relies on a button based user interface. To guarantee convenience and maximum freedom on the go the dual battery system allows the use of a battery pack for convenient charging in the device or conventional AA batteries. Fully charged the GPSMAP 64s lasts up to 16 hours which gives you sufficient power in reserve on a day trip in case of unexpected holdups.
Explore the Terrain
GPSMAP 64s comes with a comprehensive set of navigation features. Use waypoints, tracks and routes to navigate with confidence off the beaten track and when you need to find your way safely home use TracBack to guide you.
Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible devices. Your friends can enjoy your favourite hike or cache without waiting for you to plug in to your computer - simply press "send" to transfer your information to another wireless enabled Garmin handheld. GPSMAP 64s also connects to compatible Garmin devices, including the VIRB™ action camera and accessory sensors, including heart rate monitor.
Adding more maps to GPSMAP 64s is easy with GarminŽs array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. With 3.5 GB of onboard memory and a microSD card slot, you can conveniently load our Garmin GB Discoverer™ Ordnance Survey® 1:25k or 1:50k maps and hit the trail. Plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. GPSMAP 64s also supports BirdsEye™ Select maps that let you load high quality raster maps onto your device. In addition, the 64s is compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, a map format that allows you to transform paper and electronic maps easily into downloadable maps for your device, for free.
GPSMAP 64s supports paperless geocaching with 250,000 preloaded caches with hints and descriptions from Geocaching.com, and has a 16 hour battery life. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment, but also improving efficiency. GPSMAP 64s stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means there's no more manually entering coordinates and paper printouts! Slim and lightweight, 64s is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with Garmin's free trip planning software BaseCamp™ that lets you view and organise maps, waypoints, routes and tracks. BaseCamp even allows you to tell the story of your last outdoor experience in a new impressive way by creating Garmin Adventures that you can easily share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles.
Topo Map TransAlpine V4 PRO:
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth® technology¹ or ANT+™
- Live Tracking and Smart Notification
- 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription
- Rugged and waterproof (IPX 7) with proven key operation
- High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver with quad helix antenna
- Outdoor optimised dual battery system
- Barometric altimeter and 3-axis compass
- Paperless Geocaching with 250,000 preloaded caches
Always find the right tracks for your alpine adventure with this ultimate map for outdoor recreation. It includes hiking/mountain biking trails, mountain peaks and crossings as well as searchable points of interest.
Dimensions and performance:
- Shows high quality digital topographic vector map data (1:25.000) in parts of Austria, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Slovenia.
- Includes Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and dense contour intervals of 20 meters equidistance.
- Includes searchable business, touristic, outdoor, recreation, geographic places, mountain ranges, city-points and many other recreational POIs.
- Includes detailed recreational network information, especially hiking and mountain biking.
- Includes Transalp Mountain Bike network information with named trail routing support and additional long distance trails for cycling.
- Offers ActiveRouting, allowing you to customize and specifically plan routes for the entire road and trail network. The activity-specific map displays highlights of suggested routes in addition to dedicated biking and hiking routes. ActiveRouting functionalities supported by Montana®, Monterra™, Edge® 810/1000, GPSMAP® 62/64 and Oregon® 6xx/x50 series.
- Shows dense coverage areas, including mountain tops, mountain shelters and cable cars.
- Includes BaseCamp™ software for managing data on your GPS and computer, playing back routes and tracks, geotagging photos and more.
- Garmin TransAlpine is intended for use in Europe. All content and map data is in German, English and Italian.
Maps and Memory:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 6,1 x 16 x 3,6 cm
- Display size, WxH: 3,6 x 5,5 cm; Diagonal of 6.6 cm
- Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
- transflective, 65-K colour TFT
- 260g weight with batteries
- 2 AA batteries (not included), NiMH or Lithium recommended
- up to 16 hours battery life
- waterproof (IPX 7)
- High-sensitivity receiver
- high-speed USB Interface (NMEA 0183 compatible)
- TOPO TransAlpine V4 PRO microSD
- Worlwide basemap with shaded relief
- Ability to add maps
- 4 GB built-in memory
- accepts microSD™ cards
- up to 5,000 waypoints in memory
- up to 200 routes in memory
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks