The Active 12 is Satmap´s high end outdoor GPS device. With a HighRes screen for even more clarity when viewing maps of all scales and low energy Bluetooth to allow for wireless route sharing between devices. All within the robust weather resistant casing.
The Active 12 Pro is a large screen Sports Mapping GPS, which displays highly detailed topographic mapping. Whilst being easy to use for new users, it also has a host of advanced features valued by professionals.
- Large, bright 3.5" Hi-Res screen (HVGA 320x488) for high resolution maps (660dpi)
- Peer-to-Peer data share
- Bluetooth Smart (4.0) - for route sharing between Active 12 units
- Bluetooth Smart (4.0) - for Heart Rate Monitor and bike Speed/Cadence sensor support
- Barometric Altimeter, for accurate pressure and elevation data
Satmap has mounted a powerful SiRF III receiver
with a precision of 3-5m under ideal conditions and has an enormous tracking memory for recording the traveled route every second, or every fourth second in energy saving mode. But also for planning routes, the Active 12 has an ace up it's sleeve: routes can be created directly on the device's screen independent from a PC in only a few minutes! A subsequent modification of the route, e.g. moving or clearing of waypoints is possible any time, too. During navigation the choice is between a view orientated to the north or to direction of motion. Of course computerized routes also can be processed by Active 12. Creating or editing routes on the computer is possible with SatSync
software downloadable at the Satmap website.
Keep connected. By registering your Satmap Active 12 you will gain important benefits and updates that will enhance your enjoyment of this GPS: Events, special offers and discounts, product news and software upgrades. This registration is not imperatively necessary for the entire use of the Active 12!
Active 12 Pro contains the standard package with world base map 1:30 Mio. and European road map 1:5 Mio.!
- Dimension: approx. 7,5x13x3,3cm
- Toughened, impact resistant casing; all weather capability
- Day/night functionality
- SiRF Star III GPS receiver
- Integrated 18mm Patch Antenna
- Microsoft CE Operating System
- In-built 2 Axis Electronic Compass
- 264 MB RAM
- ARM9 Processor
- In-built Lithium Polymer battery charger
- Power source options: 3x AA size standard Alkaline batteries; Large 2700mAh Lithium Polymer 'smart' battery; 240v / 120v mains supply; 12v DC vehicle (cigarette lighter)
- Dual function USB 2.0: power input and data transfer via PC
- SD Card Reader – allowing expandable memory (up to 4GB currently)
- In-built Multi-Media Player
- Full GPS Functionality (Real Time Clock, Logging, Waypoints, Time, etc.)
- On board performance statistics logging (uploadable to PC)
- Map Data sourced from Ordnance Survey on pre-loaded SD Cards or sold as Internet Downloads
- Multi-stage zoom and rapid pan facility
- Aerial photography / satellite imagery compatible
Satmap Active is contructed for outdoor usage. It is NOT
suitable as car navigation device and not car-rooting capable.