Perfectly balanced suspension, 27.5 inch wheels and the new Shimano XT 2x11 groupset mark the Stereo 140 HPA Race out as a true all-rounder. Throw in the superb chassis from the Stereo 140 HPA 27.5 and you've got a singletrack rocket that'll put a smile on your face every time you ride. Whether your choice of trail is technical alpine singletrack, challenging enduro routes or simply going for a blast after work, the Stereo 140 HPA Race will tackle it all.
A frame only gets CUBE's High Performance Aluminium (HPA) tag if it incorporates all the latest technologies. Elaborately hydroformed, triple butted tubes mean we can achieve an optimum weight/stiffness ratio. Standout technical details include the tapered head tube, PressFit bottom bracket shell and AXH dropouts for the X12 quick release axle. Internal cable routing contributes to the Stereo 140 HPA Race's clean looks. As for perfect handling, that's all down to Agile Trail Geometry - which guarantees a lively but stable feel for both 27.5 and 29 inch bikes. The short seat tube and low top tube combine to provide extra clearance for better manouevrability and maximum performance out on the trail.
Completely new for 2016, CUBE spec'd the superlight Fox 34 Float FIT4 fork and Float DPS rear shock for the Stereo Race. No matter how rough the trail becomes, you'll always be in complete control. Shimano's much-anticipated 2016 XT 2x11 transmission - with the flawless shifting you'd expect and chainrings matched to the wheel size - helps devour climbs, while powerful XT brakes chew up the descents that follow. Standard spec includes a dropper post and RaceFace 35mm cockpit setup with an incredible stiffness/weight ratio - both clear indications that the HPA Race will take on any challenge you care to throw at it.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometry's benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. We researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The STEREO , FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Aluminium Ultralite - Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Efficient Trail Control - CUBE's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options our frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- FSP4Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE's high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, they succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable them to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.