It wasn’t easy to improve upon the class-leading design and function of the TLD D2 helmet, but Troy Lee Designs made it happen. By integrating next-level safety devices and making functional improvements, they raised the bar for head protection in the genre with their D3.
Riders like Sam Hill, Aaron Gwin, Steve Peat, Brandon Semenuk and Cam Zink refuse to wear anything else when they pedal.
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
Hand laid MTC carbon fiber:
- Hand laid pre-preg carbon / composite / MCT weave blend for superior shell construction and weight reduction
- Top layer UD (unidirectional) carbon weave provides strength and style
- High modulus Kevlar reinforced high impact zones for increased strength and rigidity
- Nylon reinforcement polymer in key high-wear and impact zones
Please note: The D3 Carbon Helmet is not intended for use with motorized vehicles!
- technologically advanced composite shell construction
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain
- digital wind tunnel-tested, aerodynamic shell design
- revolutionary injection-molded air intake system
- 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
- added EPS and head form shape for improved impact performance
- full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment
- deep EPS channeling for optimal airflow
- strategically placed interior chinbar shock pads for comfort and durability
- removable, washable padded liner with coolmax™ and dri-lex™ moisture wicking materials
- contoured 3D cheekpads fit anatomically
- quick-release cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
- purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
- titanium hardware for reduced weight
- includes 2 lightweight, streamlined visors and a helmet bag
- exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11