CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - blue carbon
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - blue carbon
Uncompromising Cross Country racer!
Brand new for 2017, CUBE´s top-flight cross-country race machine sets new standards for riders seeking the fastest, stiffest and lightest route to the podium. They have kept the super-effective four bar suspension design, but built an all-new chassis around CUBE´s featherweight C:68 carbon technology. With RockShox and Shimano XT 2x11-speed components, the only thing missing is you.
The new frame design had big boots to fill, but they have raised the bar further with an aim to set a new benchmark for stiffness and weight. Luckily, Cube´s engineers relish a challenge. Using CUBE's proprietary Advanced Twin Mold technology and C:68 carbon, they created a brand new frame which will redefine your expectations. The frame's exceptional inherent stiffness is boosted with features like the tapered head tube and Boost148 rear end, while the sleek lines and stealth appearance are complemented by internal cable routing (and Di2 compatibility) and concealed bolts and bearings.
Power is nothing without control. That's why CUBE equipped this light, agile and responsive race machine with components that won't let you down, even in the thick of head-to-head racing. A RockShox Monarch XX rear shock helps you keep the power down, even on the roughest of trails, while the RockShox SID XX fork up front means you'll always be able to pick the perfect line. A full complement of Shimano's standard-setting XT components - from 2x11-speed transmission to brakes with a 180 mm rotor at the front - puts stop and go power at your fingertips. And finishing touches like Fulcrum's Red 44 wheelset - shod with Rocket Ron and Thunder Burt tires - the CUBE flat carbon handlebar round off an uncompromisingly high performance package.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- C:68 Carbon Fiber Technology - CUBE´s highly innovative new C:68 carbon fibre technology allows them to build better bikes than ever. Typically, carbon fibre frames are around 60% carbon fibre, with the rest being the resin that bonds the fibres together. By distributing carbon fibres evenly, they can make thinner layers within the frame and reduce the amount of resin. Those fibres are a mixture of Ultra High Modulus, High Modulus Spread Tow and Intermediate Modulus carbon, each chosen for the needs of the particular area of the frame. Nanoparticles within the resin itself allows it to be distributed more evenly when under pressure in the frame mold. The result is a range of frames with 68% carbon fibre lower weight, higher stiffness, more fun.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - blue carbon
|Product Name:||CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - blue carbon|
|Manufacturer item code:||852300|
|Weight:||approx. 11,10 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||C:68 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ARG, ERC, FSP 4-Link, Boost148, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||RockShox Monarch XX, 165x38 mm, XLoc|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t, integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||RockShox Sid XX | Fast black, XLoc, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, Tapered, 100 mm|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Flat Race Bar Pro Carbon | 740 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||Selle Italia SC1|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Prolight, 27.2 mm|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-M8000-B2 | Boost, 36/26, 175 mm (180 mm for 22" frame size)|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT FD-M8020-D | Direct Mount, Side Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano XT CS-M8000 | 11-42|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/160 mm|
|Wheels:||Fulcrum Red 44 | 28/28 Spokes, 15 mm Boost/X12 Boost, 23Cx622, Tubeless Ready|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Rocket Ron, Kevlar, 2.25", LiteSkin
rear: Schwalbe Thunder Burt, Kevlar, 2.25", LiteSkin
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||Cross Country, Race, Marathon, Touring|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE AMS 100 C:68 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - blue carbon|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 16"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 18"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 20"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 22"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)