CUBE AMS 100 C:68 SLT 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - zeroblack
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE AMS 100 C:68 SLT 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - zeroblack
The best riders demand the best performance from their bikes. CUBE created the AMS 100 C:68 SLT 29 with this in mind, blending the brand new cross-country race chassis with hand-picked components from Fox and SRAM to create the ultimate trail-devouring machine. If there's a faster, lighter, more efficient and more reliable cross-country race bike, CUBE like to see it.
If it looks right, it often is right. Of course, there's a lot more to designing the ultimate cross-country race chassis than that, but it's a truth that holds for CUBE´s designers. That's why, for example, the seatstays blend seamlessly into the shock mount on this frame. It's also the reason you won't see any exposed bolts or bearings, and why they routed cables internally (including provision for Di2). As for the stuff you can't see, it's the high tech Advanced Twin Mold C:68 carbon you'd expect, crafted into a structure that sets new standards for low weight and high stiffness. Boost148? Check. Tapered head tube? Present and correct. CUBE clarified the details, so you can concentrate on the ride.
Cross Country riders know, that good traction is the key to maintaining speed and control. CUBE started with light, comfortable and tenaciously grippy Rocket Ron and Thunder Burt tires, then put Fox's range-topping Float DPS Factory Remote shock and 32 Float Factory SC Remote fork between wheels and frame. It's a combination that means you'll always be in control, even as you're reeling in the competition. A Newmen Advanced/Evolution SL carbon cockpit shaves vital grams, and they finished with SRAM's built-for-racing XX1 transmission and Level Ultimate brakes. It's an uncompromising setup that means you'll be able to make the most of every turn of the pedals... towards the podium.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- C:68 Carbon Fiber Technology - CUBE´s highly innovative new C:68 carbon fibre technology allows them to build better bikes than ever. Typically, carbon fibre frames are around 60% carbon fibre, with the rest being the resin that bonds the fibres together. By distributing carbon fibres evenly, they can make thinner layers within the frame and reduce the amount of resin. Those fibres are a mixture of Ultra High Modulus, High Modulus Spread Tow and Intermediate Modulus carbon, each chosen for the needs of the particular area of the frame. Nanoparticles within the resin itself allows it to be distributed more evenly when under pressure in the frame mold. The result is a range of frames with 68% carbon fibre lower weight, higher stiffness, more fun.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- ZERO - This frames are CUBE´s ultimate high end bikes. They eliminated any excessive weight, even going so far as to reducing the paint. The main frame, linkages and chain stays each consist of one single part. Maximum stiffness and the most modern building process deliver the best energy transfer. CUBE SHPC bikes are on top of a long intense evolutionary process.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE AMS 100 C:68 SLT 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - zeroblack
|Product Name:||CUBE AMS 100 C:68 SLT 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - zeroblack|
|Manufacturer item code:||852500|
|Weight:||approx. 8900 gram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||C:68 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ARG, ERC, FSP 4-Link, Boost148, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS Factory Remote | 165x38 mm, 2-Position Remote Lever, Kashima Coated|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t, integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 32 Float SC FIT4 Factory | 2-Position Remote Lever, Tapered, 15 mm Boost, 100 mm, Kashima Coated|
|Stem:||Newmen Evolution SL 318.2 | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||Newmen Advanced SL 318.0 Carbon | 740 mm|
|Saddle:||CUBE SLT Zero Carbon|
|Seatpost:||Newmen Advanced SL Carbon, 31.6 mm|
|Crankset:||Race Face Next SL Carbon 34T | 175 mm, Oversized Aluminum Axle|
|Rear Derailleur:||SRAM XX1 | 11-speed|
|Shifter:||SRAM XX1 Trigger|
|Sprocket:||SRAM XG-1199 | 10-42|
|Brakes:||SRAM Level Ultimate | hydraulic disc brakes 160/160 mm|
|Wheels:||Newmen Advanced SL X.22 Carbon | 28/28 spokes, 15 mm Boost/X12 Boost, tubeless ready|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Rocket Ron, Kevlar, 2.25", LiteSkin
rear: Schwalbe Thunder Burt, Kevlar, 2.25", LiteSkin
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Extra:||Tune Würger | 34.9 mm seatclamp|
|Purpose:||Cross Country, Race, Marathon, Touring|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE AMS 100 C:68 SLT 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - zeroblack|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 16"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 18"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 20"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 22"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)