CUBE Reaction GTC Race 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE Reaction GTC Race 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green
Perfect for ambitious sports bikers!
This performance hardtail exudes racing flair from every frame tube and each component - hence the "Race" tag. And yes, it's as fast as it looks. The Reaction GTC Race has everything that an aspiring racer could possibly need. The superb carbon frame, 2x11-speed transmission and RockShox Reba suspension fork in understated Fast Black all point in one direction: to the race course.
CUBE´s engineers have given the Reaction GTC Race frame the perfect blend of low weight and high stiffness by using CUBE's complex GTC twin mold construction technique. Performance-enhancing highlights include the tapered head tube, PressFit bottom bracket shell, internal cable routing, X12 through axle and the Direct Mount derailleur hanger. The 27.2 mm seatpost provides additional comfort on longer rides. But the real secret to this nimble, balanced and inspiring bike - whether you opt for the 27.5 or 29 inch version - is CUBE´s Agile Ride Geometry.
Got your eye on the podium? A Shimano XT setup, including compact 26/36T chainset and powerful but sensitive hydraulic brakes, makes the Reaction GTC Race the perfect racing choice, whether you're taking on a short course XC race or an epic transalpine event. RockShox's Reba SL air suspension fork with remote lockout offers stacks of comfort and control, whilst a robust and lightweight Answer Attack AM wheelset with high quality Schwalbe tires transmits your power with perfect efficiency to the trail. The CUBE aluminium finishing components, combined with I-Spec, provide a clean and simple rider cockpit for maximum control and minimum distraction.
- Gran Turismo Composite - In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. CUBE use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. CUBE´s special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN - Plus testing.
- Twin Mold Technology - The Twin Mold technique uses re-usable cores during the lay-up process to ensure precision frame molding. Special inserts guarantee optimum ply orientation during the production process to add extra strength at frame points subject to higher loads. This improves the safety of the product and delivers outstanding stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE Reaction GTC Race 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green
|Product Name:||CUBE Reaction GTC Race 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green|
|Manufacturer item code:||816300|
|Weight:||approx. 11,10 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||GTC Twin Mold Monocoque Technology, ARG2, Tapered Headtube, PressFit BB, X12, Integrated Cable Routing|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t | integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||RockShox Reba RL Fast Black | Remote Lockout, QR15, Tapered, 100 mm|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Flat Race Bar Pro | 720 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||CUBE Race EXC|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 27.2 mm|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-M8000 | 36x26T, 175 mm|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT FD-M8020-D | Direct Mount, Side Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000 | 11-42T|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/160 mm|
|Wheels:||Answer Atac AM | 15 mm/X12, Tubeless Ready|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Rocket Ron, Kevlar, 2.25"
rear: Schwalbe Racing Ralph, Kevlar, 2.25"
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||Trails, XC, Alps cross|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)