CUBE Elite C:62 SL 29 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - blackline
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE Elite C:62 SL 29 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - blackline
Blisteringly fast Racebike!
Electronic shifting at an affordable price is here, thanks to the CUBE Elite C:62 SL. Blending CUBE´s proven C:62 frame with Fox's new 32 Float Performance SC fork and Shimano's electronic 2x11-speed XT transmission has resulted in a blisteringly effective race bike. Agile, light and super-responsive to every rider input, the C:62 SL is your ticket to faster, more rewarding racing and riding.
The Elite C:62's carbon frame is constructed with advanced twin mold technology, giving CUBE´s engineers maximum control over the fibre lay-up. It's both stiff and extremely light, thanks to smart design features including an oversized, tapered head tube (with integrated carbon bearing shells), oversized PressFit bottom bracket shell and X12 dropouts. CUBE´s Agile Ride Geometry gives the Elite Racer extraordinary levels of playful maneuverability and steering precision, making it surprisingly fun out on the trails. Internal cable routing tidies the lines up.
Fox's 32 Float Performance SC fork with remote lockout and 15 mm trough axle sets new standards for low weight, steering precision and plush, controllable performance - so it was the natural choice for the C:62 SL. Meanwhile, Shimano's supremely quick-shifting and reliable Di2 system makes its appearance in legendary XT trim, giving this bike a 2x11-speed transmission that'll respond to your touch intuitively. Powerful XT brakes, a light and quick-accelerating DT wheelset and grippy tires from Schwalbe round off the race-ready spec.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE Elite C:62 SL 29 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - blackline
|Product Name:||CUBE Elite C:62 SL 29 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - blackline|
|Manufacturer item code:||817350|
|Weight:||approx. 9950 gram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||C:62 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ARG2, Tapered Headtube, PressFit BB, X12, Integrated Cable Routing|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t | integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 32 Float Performance SC | 15 mm Boost, Tapered, Remote Lockout, 100 mm|
|Stem:||Syntace F109 | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Flat Race Bar Pro Carbon | 740 mm|
|Saddle:||Selle Italia SC1|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Motion Post | 27.2 mm|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-M8000 | 36x26T, 175 mm|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT Di2 FD-M8070 | 2x11-speed|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT Di2 RD-M8050-DGS | 11-speed|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT Di2 SW-M8050-R|
|Sprocket:||Shimano XT CS-M8000 | 11-42T|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/160 mm|
|Wheels:||DT Swiss CSW MA 3.9 Straightpull | 28/32 Spokes, 15 mm/X12, 20Cx622, Tubeless Ready, DT Swiss Pro Head® Reinforcement System, Squorx® Aluminium Nipples|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Rocket Ron, Kevlar, 2.25", LiteSkin
rear: Schwalbe Racing Ralph, Kevlar, 2.25", LiteSkin
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||XC, Race, Marathon, Competition|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)