CUBE ATTAIN Race Tiagra Roadbike - 2017 - black/red
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE ATTAIN Race Tiagra Roadbike - 2017 - black/red
Perfect comfort and balanced handling!
The Attain Race brings a little of the racing spirit to longer rides, after-work blasts with your training buddies or regular training sessions. And even if you sometimes find yourselves inspired to hunker down deep in the drops, you still won't find it short on comfort or balanced, easy handling.
The Attain Race's frame features Superlite aluminium tubing using CUBE´s Smooth Welding manufacturing process. To make it more comfortable on longer rides, CUBE´s engineers build the rear end with extra vertical compliance without sacrificing torsional rigidity - so the frame can simultaneously absorb vibration and remain efficient. There's also enough clearance at the rear and under the carbon fork to fit tires up to 28 mm - an option that could significantly increase comfort and safety on any ride that ventures away from smooth Tarmac. It's not all about comfort, though - CUBE also obsessed with not wasting a single watt of pedal power. So they have added a tapered headtube, PressFit bottom bracket and a complex profile downtube, all to improve transmission efficiency. They have also routed all the cables internally while maintaining easy access for servicing, tidying up the frame's looks and increasing cable service life.
Shimano's versatile all-round 2x10-speed Tiagra group takes care of shifting and braking on the Attain Race. CUBE chose a cassette with an 11-34 tooth range, while the compact crank features 50 and 34 tooth chainrings. It's a gear range that'll easily tackle both the steepest climbs and the fastest descents. Out of the box, the Attain Race rolls with fast Fulcrum Racing 77 wheels - an ideal complement to its long-distance-at-speed character, particularly when shod with Continental's grippy Ultra Sport 2 tires for perfect steering and braking.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE´s high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE ATTAIN Race Tiagra Roadbike - 2017 - black/red
|Product Name:||CUBE ATTAIN Race Tiagra Roadbike - 2017 - black/red|
|Manufacturer item code:||876300|
|Material:||Aluminium 6061 double butted|
|Weight:||approx. 9450 gram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Aluminium 6061 T6 Superlight | Road Comfort Geometry|
|Headset:||FSA Z-t | Top: Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44 mm), Bottom: Integrated 1 1/4"|
|Fork:||CUBE CSL Race | One Piece 3D Forged Steerer/Crown, Carbon Blades, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Tapered|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Compact Race Bar|
|Saddle:||CUBE RP 1.0|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 27.2 mm|
|Wheels:||Fulcrum Racing 77 | QR/QR|
|Brakes:||Shimano Tiagra BR-4700|
|Crankset:||Shimano Tiagra FC-4700|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano Tiagra FD-4700 | 31.8 mm Clamp|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano Tiagra RD-4700GS | 10-speed|
|Sprocket:||Shimano CS-HG500 | 10-speed|
|Tires:||Continental Ultra Sport 2 | 25-622|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)