CUBE STING WLS 140 Race 27.5 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - mint/green
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STING WLS 140 Race 27.5 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - mint/green
The "Queen of mountains"!
When the mountains are calling, you need a bike that'll be with you for every switchback, every climb and every technical descent. That's what CUBE had in mind when they developed the Sting WLS 140 Race - an all mountain bike for every woman. Combining CUBE´s renowned easy handling with 140 mm of travel and frame sizes down to 13.5 inch, it's CUBE´s all mountain queen.
CUBE´s designers know a thing or two about designing great all mountain frames. So of course, the WLS 140 Race features Agile Ride Geometry and Efficient Trail Control suspension design, each tailored to specific frame sizes to ensure that you're always in control and having fun. CUBE also used a triple butted tubeset, complex hydroforming, a tapered headtube, PressFit bottom bracket and X12 dropouts to create the stiffest, lightest, best handling and most comfortable frame that they possibly could. It's also sleek and good-looking thanks to details like internal cable routing.
When you're taking on the mountains you need a fork to match. That's why CUBE started with Fox's superb 34 Rhythm, which combines easy adjustability with a level of comfort and control that you have to experience to believe. Powerful Magura MT4 hydraulic disc brakes combined with light, stiff and strong Answer Atac wheels and comfy, grippy Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires all work together to deliver tenacious grip and predictable stopping, whatever the trail conditions. A Shimano XT 2x11-speed transmission ensures smooth, accurate shifting, and the CUBE cockpit components, SDG saddle and CUBE dropper post mean you'll be comfortable, no matter how long your ride.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE´s high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, CUBE succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Woman Like Series - CUBE´s new WLS models come with different wheel sizes for different frame heights. The 13.5 and 16" frames have 27.5" wheels, the 17,19 and 21" frames are built as 29ers. Depending on body height, every woman gets the perfect riding character and geometry. The models of the CUBE Woman Like Series feature a compact frame geometry with shorter top tubes and longer head tubes, giving a riding position that is more upright than on the mens models. This riding position relieves the pelvis and offers more comfort. The top tubes of the WLS mountain bikes are lowered, making the bike more comfortable and safe to mount and dismount.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STING WLS 140 Race 27.5 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - mint/green
|Product Name:||CUBE STING WLS 140 Race 27.5 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - mint/green|
|Manufacturer item code:||828300|
|Weight:||approx. 13,60 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link, ISCG Mount|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS | 200x57 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode, LV Air Canister|
|Headset:||FSA 1.5E ZS | Tapered, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8“ (44 mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2“ (56 mm)|
|Fork:||Fox 34 Rhythm | 2-Position Sweep-Adjust GRIP Damper, Tapered, Boost 15 mm, 150 mm|
|Stem:||JD Enduro ST97A | 0°|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro | 740 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Natural Fit Race|
|Saddle:||SDG Allure Steel|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Dropper Post | Handlebar Lever, Internal Cable Routing, 31.6 mm, 400x120 mm (360x100 mm for smallest frame size)|
|Crankset:||Race Face Aeffect SL | 34x24, 170 mm|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano SLX FD-M7025-D | Direct Mount, Down Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano SLX SL-M7000|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000 | 11-42T|
|Brakes:||Magura MT4 | hydraulic disc brakes|
|Wheels:||Answer Atac AM | 15 mm/X12, Tubeless Ready, 23C-584 rims|
|Tires:||Schwalbe Nobby Nic | Kevlar, Performance Line, 2.35|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||All Mountain, Trails|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)